Two out of three bedrooms, plus private bath, in HUGE, newly renovated condo. I live in the 3rd bedroom and am happy to help with anything!
Unbeatable location: tranquil, tree-lined street, yet only steps to amazing restaurants, cafés, and shops. ONE-MINUTE walk to subway: brings to your door all of metro-Boston, including Fenway Park, Symphony Hall, museums, and universities like Harvard, MIT, BU, and BC.
Top-quality mattresses and pillows. High-tech kitchen. Beautiful Van Gogh paintings.
• Best location: charming condo tucked into a safe and cozy hilltop neighborhood. Only one minute from the subway (see House Manual once you book for the secret shortcut)! First-floor unit offers easy access with luggage. Professionally cleaned and yet no cleaning fee!
• Blissful sleep: 3 queen beds in 2 bedrooms and a full-size futon in the living room sleep up to 6 people. Amazing mattresses and pillows for the most restful sleep!
• Modern kitchen: granite countertops, gallery fridge, gas range and oven, gourmet cookware, herbs and spices, high-tech microwave, toaster oven, rice and pressure cookers, coffee maker and French press, electric kettle, and crystal chandelier!
• Unlimited coffee (grind it fresh!) and tea. Eggs, milk, oatmeal, and more for breakfast!
• Spacious living room: open to the kitchen! Comfortable sofas with chaise. Huge 48-inch Samsung smart TV with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Chromecast, which casts anything from your computer, smartphone, or tablet to the big screen! (Another 43-inch TV is placed in the large bedroom.) Extendable dining table seats up to six.
• Two full bathrooms (large private bathroom plus a smaller one shared with me): beautiful double sink with soaring mirror, huge luxurious bathtub with shower head, a second shower, excellent water pressure, shampoo, moisturizing bath soap, and hair dryer!
• Coin laundry on the same floor, only steps away. Iron, ironing board, and hangers to keep you looking sharp! Enjoy complimentary laundry detergent and quarters.
• Lightning-fast WiFi: actual download speed of 160 Mbits per second!
• Enjoy many Van Gogh paintings—not originals, so no need to plan art heist. :)
• "Lonely Planet Pocket Boston" as your field guide and "Lonely Planet The World" as your muse for the next adventure!
You won't need a car while staying at this conveniently located urban oasis: you'll be 1 minute away from the subway, and groceries, cafés, and restaurants are all within walking distance. Plus, Uber (including the cheap UberPool) and Lyft work very well in metro-Boston.
If you must bring a car, please read on for parking info.
Brookline doesn't allow overnight parking (2am-8am) on residential streets. Daytime street parking is limited to 2 hours. (Our street seems seldom patrolled during the day.) If you get a ticket for parking out front overnight or more than 2 hours during the day, it'll be $30. You can think of it as a "parking fee."
When you first arrive, you can park out front on the street. Move your car to a designated overnight lot before you go to bed (but after 11pm). The closest lot is "Coolidge Corner Centre St Parking" (6-min walk); the second closest is "Babcock St Parking" (10-min walk). Search for them on G... Maps. The rate is $10 a night. Move your car at 8am (except Sundays) or you may get a ticket for $25. Check the Brookline Town webpage "Guest Overnight Parking" (with a link to the "Guest Parking Brochure") for more information.
To leave your car home during the day while you explore the city, you may park the car out front (at your risk) or in the metered spots on the south side of the Beacon St median near Fairbanks St (2-min walk). Those spots have an 11-hour limit, whereas most other metered spots in Brookline have a 2- or 3-hour limit. On Sundays, you can park in any spot for free.
You can also use the parking garage at the Courtyard Marriott Brookline (8-min walk) for $50 every 24 hours; then you would not have to move your car every day.
Coolidge Corner is one of the premier neighborhoods in the metro-Boston area. It is safe and family-friendly. Many excellent cafés, boutiques, and restaurants are only steps away! Mexican, Spanish, Japanese, pizza, burgers--you'll never run out of options. See the map below for my recommendations!
The hilltop park offers a nice playground for kids and an amazing view of the Cambridge skyline.+ More