Quaint and Affordable Cottage:
Looking for an affordable vacation spot for July 4th? Take advantage of the holiday to get away from it all, as you relax in our cozy mountain cottage in Lansing, NC. We open our home to you for one week only, over July 4th each year. Enjoy privacy, serenity and stunning mountain views from our picturesque front porch.
The cottage is small but homey and very comfy, with plenty of room for two couples or a family. The airy kitchen is updated with shiny new granite countertops, and the open floor plan makes the home feel spacious and inviting. The entire cottage is well-stocked with all the kitchenware and supplies you’ll need for a turn-key vacation.
Are you a cat-lover? Our two charmers will be in and out, keeping you company during your stay!
Enjoy the Great Outdoors:
The Mountain Laurel Cottage is conveniently located in the amiable town of Lansing, NC, on the northern end of our High Country region. From this home base you can enjoy the small-town experience of both Lansing and West Jefferson, or easily access a huge variety of attractions and outdoor recreation. Golf, hiking, biking, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, tubing, horseback riding… the options are endless!
A few of our main attractions include:
• The Old Orchard Creek historic artisanal Appalachian mountain farm, where they raise fresh blueberries, using sustainable farming practices. This is a setting you won’t want to miss.
• The Virginia Creeper historic railroad trail – just a short drive from Lansing, up to Whitetop, VA. Rent bikes for the family and enjoy a relaxing and very scenic downhill ride.
• The nearby New River offers tubing, kayaking and canoeing • Pond Mountain Game Lands – jaw-dropping views and plentiful hunting of deer, bear and grouse, in this gorgeous parkland, managed by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission
• Grayson Highlands State Park – in the Mount Rogers area (the highest elevation in Virginia), offering some of the most spectacular scenery in the region. See the wild ponies, and enjoy numerous opportunities for hiking, horseback riding, camping and fishing.
• Lansing also boasts some of the best trout fishing opportunities in the state. Come cast a line!
Just down the road, West Jefferson offers restaurants and great shopping, including antique stores, art galleries and wine tasting. This is small-town Americana at its finest – you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time as you stroll down Main Street. Here you’ll find the famous Ashe Co. Cheese Factory, where you can watch cheese being made. The old-fashioned country store also offers delicacies like homemade fudge, ice cream, salsas and local jams. Boondocks restaurant and pub has one of the best craft beer selections in the state. West Jefferson also has one of North Carolina’s most lovely and well-maintained public golf courses, Mountain Aire.
And of course you can’t come to the High Country without taking in the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. Whatever activities you choose, even if it’s simply reading your book on the porch, the Mountain Laurel Cottage offers a July 4th get-away you won’t forget.
Pets are not permitted by guests however owners do have cats who will be outside during your stay but in and out of the house.+ More