This charming 3 bedroom home, located in the village of Morell offers:
- 3 bedrooms (Queen, Double, and Single)
- Daybed in the living room
- 1.5 bathrooms
- Screened in gazebo off large deck
- Washer & dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Internet, TV (no cable), Playstation 3, and dvd player
- parking for 2 cars with public parking at the end of our short street
Minutes away is beautiful Lakeside Beach and world class golfing at The Links at Crowbush Cove.
- Located in the heart of Morell which is on the northeast shore.
- Murphy’s Pharmacy and PhysioEast are across the street.
- Morell Consumers Co-op grocery store is one block away; they specialize in local meat and produce.
Scotiabank and Morell Credit Union are two minutes walk.
- Holy Cow Restaurant and Wicked Fries Chip Wagon serve up some tasty food.
- Kingfisher Outdoors (which rents kayaks, canoes, paddle boards and bicycles) is just around the corner. They also have ice cream, coffee, used books and other things like art and jewellery.
- Two churches, protestant and catholic, are in the village.
- One of PEI’s few night light baseball fields is just a short walk up the road so you can often catch a game.
- The Morell Rink hosts hockey camps during the summer. Al MacAdam of NHL fame runs them.
- Needs Convenience and the Irving gas station also house a liquor store. Greco Pizza is located in the building too.
- Leo Rossiter Park has a playground for children.
- On Sundays this year there will be a Farmers Market with local produce, baked goods, meals and live music. A little something for everyone.
The park also has a launch pad and dock if you want to take your own water vessel out. It’s on the Morell River which is beautiful but also has the best fresh water fishing in PEI. You almost always see an eagle or two as well as the other beautiful birds soaring overhead. You can swim off the dock. Some youngin’s are brave enough to do it as it can be cold. If you drive north out of Morell, you’ll get to Red Head Harbour where you can watch the fishermen come and go. Mussel King has a plant down there where you can purchase fresh mussels then cook them at home. Our Public Library is on Red Head Road too; visitors are always welcome. A seven minute drive west will take you to Lakeside Beach which is about 5 miles long but you can walk farther if you so choose. It’s got a beautiful sandy beach! You might even get to witness a wedding on the beach. there’s a lazy river at the east end of the beach which is warm but also gives you an opportunity to see some sea life. Piping Plovers usually nest on our beach; they’re lovely to see but give them room to roam and grow please. Links at Crowbush Cove Golf course is one of the top ten courses in Canada. Crowbush Resort has a spa for your luxury day and a fine restaurant. Trailside Horse Riding is just beyond Crowbush. You may even get to ride on a beach. Confederation Trail is just by the house for hikes and bikes. The trail goes to St. Peters Bay; it’s the prettiest part of the trail in all of PEI. If you have a license then you can even fish for trout off one of the bridges. There’s also a Nature Trail by the Confederation Trail to study local flora and fauna. In St.Peters, there are some shops which sell things such as fresh seafood, or ice cream, or local crafts. Rick’s Fish and Chips is there too. For finer dining there’s the Inn at St. Peters. If you keep following the road around then you’ll get to Greenwich Dunes where you can follow their boardwalk after learning what makes it unique in the world (parabolic dune system) at their tourist information centre. Driving west to Mount Stewart (15kms), you’ll find a bakery, an eco centre, more nature trails, and the Trailside Cafe which has been consistently voted the best venue for live music in the Maritimes. Just beyond Mount Stewart is Peakes Tee Golf Course and Restaurant. There’s plenty to keep you busy for a week or more in Morell but you can always branch out. You can go to Cardigan (20 minute drive) or onto the town of Montague (30 minute drive south), Souris (45 minute drive east or farther to get to the East Point Lighthouse), or Charlottetown (40 minute drive west). There’s even more beyond!+ More