• Only 3 minutes walk to the Beach Trolley
• 3 miles to the next Beach
• Next Beach is the popular Time Square with Pier
• Bicycles are included for free • Large Outdoor Whirlpool/Hot-Tub
• Restaurants and Supermarket within 5 minutes walk
• FREE Bicycle usage
• FREE NetFlix-TV
• FREE Parking for your car(s)
• FREE Phone Calls (60 min) • FREE Power & Water
• FREE WiFi / WLan Internet Restaurants and shopping locations are in walking distance and the included bicycles are perfect for exploring different beaches. There are bike paths next to most roads, even to Fort Myers Beach and also in other directions, like to Bunche Beach or to Sanibel Island. • The “Beach-Trolley” drives back and forth from Summerlin Square to Fort Myers Beach about every 40 minutes and it costs about 50 cent per person. The Beach-Trolley and all other buses stop next to the Sunflower Cafe, which is the main bus-station and can even be reached by a short walk from your home. You can also park your car there for free and take the trolley or the bus from there. The updated bus-schedule can be found in the internet. Please search for “LeeTran”. There is even a bus driving from and to the airport from this bus-stop.
• Restaurants – you can find restaurants like “Patabilities”, “Marco’s Diner”, “Osaka”, “Perkins” and also a smaller Café “Biscottis” within a short distance from this home. There are many other Restaurants located within a radius of a mile from your rental. These can also be easily reached with the included bicycles. If you are into alligator meat, you may like trying the restaurant “Gatorbites Tale & Ale”. If you prefer to have your breakfast or to dine at the waterfront, the “Gulf Shore Grill” Restaurant at the beach might be your choice.
• Supermarkets – you will find a Publix supermarket in 500 yards walking distance, from mid November 2015 there will be also a Super-Walmart in 500 yards walking distance and there is also a Super-Target Store in only 1.1 mile north from your vacation home.
• Tanger Outlet Shopping Center – if you are interested in doing some shopping during your vacation, you can find the Tanger Outlets within a distance of 2.2 miles from the home.
• The ”Smugglers Cove” Mini-Golf – is located about 0.9 miles (3 minute’s drive with the car) away from this rental. This place lets you play mini-golf within an interesting scenery where you can also see and if you like to, even feed alligators.
• The ” Shell Point” Golf Course – is located 3.8 miles away from this home. Everybody is allowed to play golf at this course and beginners can do some practice at the teeing ground.
• The swimming pool at Fort Myers Beach Community Park – can be reached within a distance of 4.7 miles. This is a big community heated pool. If you are travelling with children, you might like to look for the smaller pool for children with its water slides.
ACCOMMODATION AND AMENITIES
The living room comes with a 47 inch Flat-Screen-TV and the Master-Bedroom comes with a 42 inch Flat-Screen-TV.
Additionally the TV is connected to a local amplified HD-TV antenna in order to receive all local live-TV-stations in best possible HD quality.
The living room TV also comes with an Apple TV box. The Apple-TV-Box is perfect for included, unlimited NetFlix, with thousands of choices for on demand TV-content, movies, series, shows and documentations. It also comes with news channels and with a large amount of additional programming. Some premium programming require your credentials from your own home TV account provider. It is helpful if you bring that information with you if you want to unlock certain sports or other channels like HBO, Showtime etc. If you own am iPhone or iPad you may even use the AirPlay function to push your iTunes and other content to the Apple-TV big screen. Or, to listen to radio stations, the Apple-Box has also a large selection of international broadcast.
FREE WiFi If you like to be online with your own devices, such as your laptop, iPad or Smartphone you can use my free and unlimited Wi-Fi internet.
PHONE The phone in the home is an open line for local, national and international calls. The first 60 minutes calling time, in- and outgoing calls, are free, after the flat rate, regardless of the destination, for inbound and outgoing calls, to all land-lines, is US$ 0.08 per minute. Please be aware that the phone does NOT support 911-Emergency calling because it is not a regular phone line but a Voip-Internet connection. Bring your own cellular phone for your own 911-Emergency-safety.
BBQ-Grill For making a nice BBQ in the backyard or on your patio/deck you will find an electrical-BBQ-grill. You will be surprised how well it is working and relatively easy to clean up after.
KITCHEN The kitchen is fully equipped with all kitchen ware, stove, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, dishwasher, toaster & coffeemaker. In the kitchen is a small breakfast table for having company of 3 while you are cooking meals.
One of the three bedrooms is equipped with a King-size-bed with light soft-top-mattress. The second bedroom comes with a premium soft memory foam mattress in full size and the third bedroom comes with two Full-size-beds in form of a sturdy metal-bunk-bed. The 3rd bedroom can sleep very comfortable 2 adults or 4 children. Build in closets are only in the master bedroom, living room and a small one in the hall way.
All linens are supplied. We use a mix of American and European style of linens and bedding.
SLEEPER SOFAS Both sofas in the living room are sleepers and can be folded open to transform into two single beds, just a bit wider than a usual single bed. They will provide to you extra sleeping accommodations if needed. Please take note that I don't supply linens for the sleeper sofas and bring your own if you plan to use them.
BATH The first bath is a bathtub/shower combination, vanity and toilette while the second bath is equipped with a vanity and a toilette. I supply a hair dryer, two shower-towels per guest and a start-supply of toilet paper and hand soap.
AIR-CONDITION The living area has a central air condition with pre-programmed digital controller, which you can set with your smart-phone to your comfort cooling, based on the abilities of the cooling system of the home.
WASHER AND DRYER Yes, you have a washer and dryer. Please bring your own laundry detergent and softener. There are often left-overs from the prior guests but please don't count on it. You will find the laundry room outside attached to the home with entry door from outdoors.
BICYCLES Other as in the neighbor city Cape Coral we have here in South Fort Myers and Iona plenty bicycle trails running mostly parallel to most of the major roads. I supply bicycles for free because they are very useful to get you to the next beach and to explore the area. If you need helmets or locks then please bring your own as I don't supply those. The bicycles are stored in my garage within a short 15 minutes walk.
HOUSE, GARDEN, HOT-TUB/WHIRLPOOL
The home is located directly waterfront on a small lake in an open community, away from all the traffic of main roads but still close enough to get to them all in just a few turns.
The about 50’ x 50’ backyard is Western exposed, borders on a lake to the back, to a 6 foot tall privacy-fence to the right and to an open similar yard to the left which belongs to the left half (BeachLagoon) of the building. You can find tropical plants, large Coconut Tree and other trees for a few shady spots. You will love the cozy outdoor garden furniture set. Beside that you find a George Foreman BBQ-Grill, and one large power heated hot-tub/spa with LED lights, 60 jets and waterfall centered for the building.
If you like fishing you should bring fishing poles, which can be used to catch some fish at the pier at Fort Myers Beach for a BBQ in your backyard later the evening. You even can fish in your own backyard as the lake has plenty of fish. But for fishing from the lake we have the rule to ‘catch and release’ because we want to keep the natural balance of wildlife in order.
For maintenance I have different contractors to support you. For example weekly pool & garden care, final cleaning- and handyman-services. Together with the arrival guide you will receive a very detailed house guide. Arrival and departure days can be any day as long as it shows open at the availability calendar. Earliest check-in time can be 3:30 p.m. and latest check-out time 10:30 a.m. It is no problem to check-in late at night because we will supply you with the electronic lock code for the entry door. You will have available free parking for your cars in the driveway, in front of the building.+ More