Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
The Bamboo Beach House is a comfortable cottage perched right at the edge of Little Gasparilla's beautiful and pristine beach. From your front porch you can watch a daily show as shorebirds stroll by, lazy manatees float by and schools of porpoise cavort outside. The water's edge is just a few steps from the front stairs and you can't beat the convenience of having your base of operations right at the edge of the beach!
Inside, the cottage features a kitchen with a brand new stove and refrigerator. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need for any kind of a beach meal you could wish to prepare. The dining area overlooks the beach and the living area is decorated with eclectic bamboo furniture. Soaring high ceilings feature natural wood for a rustic look that complements the bamboo furnishings. The style is beach house chic yet very comfortable. Vintage oriental carpets cover the hardwood floors and add to the warmth. It also comes with a gas grill and it is hooked up to city water so you don't have to bring bottled water from the mainland.
The home is cooled with state of the art mini split AC units in most of the rooms. There is also a brand new stackable washer dryer in the hallway. The guest bedroom features two twin beds. The master bedroom is large and spacious with a queen bed and a luxurious newly renovated bathroom with glass tile and a large shower and jetted tub. A sofabed in the living room will accommodate two additional guests.
But the piece de resistance of this home is its perfect location right on the beach and its lovely front porch overlooking the beautiful blue water. You can't ask for much more!
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the house or the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock. Normal ferry hours are approximately 8-5 every day.
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a charcoal grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring. You may rent one on the island from LGI Carts: 941-697-3820.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee.+ More