This cozy, beautifully appointed two-bedroom apartment can be all yours, right in the heart of Jamaica Plain (called "JP"), a neighborhood that is both hip and family-friendly. Our family lives in the apartment right upstairs and we love our neighborhood - location, location, location! A range of great restaurants, cafés, bookstores and all the commercial amenities of JP are just short walks away from this surprisingly quiet spot on a friendly dead end street. At the corner, ¾ of block from your doorstep, you can catch the 39 bus to downtown or out to Forest Hills and subway connections, or you can take a pleasant 10 minute walk to go directly to the Stonybrook Station stop on the Orange Line.
The apartment itself is the ground floor of a nice two-family house, with vegetable garden and flowers in the front yard and a shady rear deck for you to relax on in the pleasant backyard. The whole apartment has lovingly maintained woodwork, beautiful art made by our family of painters, and is always very clean!
The House: • Elegant entryway opens to a comfortable living room, full of plants and light. • The table in the adjacent dining room seats six people easily and is a great space for art projects or to spread out your maps or travelling office.
• Two bedrooms, one with a double bed, one with a single.
• Comfy leather couch in living room pulls out easily to make a double bed, and there is even a fold-out chair that could sleep another child in the bedroom with the single bed.
• Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, pot & pans, utensils, vinegar & oil, and basic condiments.
• Deck, right off the kitchen, has table and chairs for six people, and lovely views of flowers in our and neighbors’ yards. Enjoy your summer breakfasts outside!
• Tiled bathroom with shower.
• We supply all your linens and towels. Extras are in the linen closet.
• Free WiFi (no TV, what w/the internet and all the attractions of Boston, we don't find we need one)
• In-unit, free washer and dryer • Driveway parking
• Child friendly, please feel free to use our books and toys, and there is an attachable high chair.
• Sorry, no pets. If you are really jonesing for some cat time, ours may agree to come down for a visit.
• Five minute walk to the Emerald Necklace, Boston’s amazing Olmstead park, and 10 minutes to Jamaica Pond and surrounding parklands. The Pond has running and walking paths around its 1.5 mile circumference, a gazebo, and seasonal sailboat, rowboat and kayak rentals.
• Whole Foods Market is a 3-minute walk, and there’s City-Feed, a great, locally-owned store about 6 minutes away, featuring local foods. Oh, and there’s three farmers markets within 10-15 minutes walks June-November!
• Tres Gatos, a Spanish tapas and wine bar, with book and record store and occasional live music is right at the end of our block.
• Rent a bike from one of the neighborhood's two Hubway bike rental stands, and bike all the way downtown on the bike path in the Southwest Corridor linear park.
• A half-mile down Centre you’ll find Boston’s “Latin Quarter” with a variety of locally owned Spanish-speaking businesses.
• More than 20 restaurants within 1 mile offer everything from gourmet dining to fast food take-outs, with ethnic food venues almost as diverse as Boston’s population.
• At the end of the street, just ¾ of block from your doorstep, you can catch the 39 bus to downtown or out to Forest Hills and subway connections, or you can take a pleasant 10 minute walk to go directly to the Stonybrook Station stop on the Orange Line.+ More