Enjoy this lovely, very private hideaway with a big, level meadow and picturesque creek front. The property is located in unspoiled Cowee Valley, on a paved road with easy year-round access for any type of vehicle. Downtown Franklin is less than 15 minutes away.
The area is ideal for those who enjoy nature, bird watching, gem hunting, kayaking, rafting, hiking, mountain biking, you name it.
The main level of the cabin has a great open floor plan with a big dining room, and an adjoining sun room with so many windows, that it seems you are in a tree house. This is an awesome place to play an instrument, read a book, or just chill. The combined living room/kitchen is great for entertaining, and gives access to the deck, from where you can see and hear the creek. If it rains, you can sit in the rocking chairs on the covered front porch. There is a TV with many DVD’s in the living room, and if you bring your own streaming device, you can watch your favorite shows.
Next to the kitchen is a small study (great for those who need to keep up with work), a guest bathroom, and a closet with the washer and dryer. The spacious master bedroom has a king bed, a private bath, and a huge walk-in closet.
The lower level features the second bedroom (with a queen-size bed), a small bedroom with a twin-size bed, and a full-sized Foosball table.
All linens provided. A path, illuminated by solar lights, leads down to the pasture and the creek. This is a great area to play ball, look for gems in the creek, or have a camp fire.
ACTIVITIES/SIGHTSEEING IN THE AREA (Google for more information):
• Hiking: AT, Bartram Trail, Nantahala National Forest (½ million acres!)
• Wildlife watching: Smokey Mountains National Park
• Waterfalls: too many to mention
• Canoeing and Tubing (Little Tennessee River)
• Tubing (Deep Creek)
• Kayaking, rafting (Tuckaseegee, Ocoee, Nantahala, Little Tennessee)
• Gem hunting: Franklin is the “gem capital” of the world!
• Mountain biking
• Mountain Music/Bluegrass: Rickman Store; Cowee School; Pickin on the Square; Smokey Mountains Center for the Performing Arts.
• Beer tasting: Franklin has two outstanding brewery companies
• Dining: there are great restaurants in Franklin (try caffé Rel)
• Day trips: Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains, Asheville, Biltmore Estate, Sylva, Highlands, Cherokee, Bryson City+ More