10 of the Best Pumpkin Patches in Canada
Oct 06, 2017
Autumn is upon us, which means it’s time to put the spotlight on the season’s favourite gourd. That’s right – it’s the time of year to pick out a pumpkin! Whether you want to share this classic tradition with your kids or relive your own childhood, be sure to pick one of Canada’s best pumpkin patches for your annual pumpkin excursion.
1. Downey’s Farm in Caledon, Ontario. This place has it all! Wander through the corn maze, tour the estate winery or head to the family fun play area. No matter what you like to do, you can find it in the high-energy atmosphere at Downey’s Farm!
2. Le Verger Labonté Orchard in Notre-Dame-de-I’Île-Perrot, Québec. Pick your own apples, pumpkins and squash each autumn at this farm. Take them home to bake or just buy some baked goods at the onsite bakery! There are also corn mazes here, including one specifically for Halloween.
3. The Chuck Wagon Farm Market in Eldon, PEI. This pumpkin farm has the biggest corn maze in Prince Edward Island! It also has a whole lot more than just your typical fall offerings. Be sure to load up on other produce here, from carrots and cauliflower to honey and herbs. There’s also a kids’ play area so you can make a whole day of fun here with your family.
4. Whittamore’s Farm in Markham, Ontario. This is basically a theme park, so be prepared to pay an entry fee and be overwhelmed by the sheer number of fun activities. From milking cows to wagon rides, you won’t get bored here. There’s even a pumpkin cannon show!
5. Eagle Creek Farms in Bowden, Alberta. What makes this place unique is the incredible sunflower maze – the only one of its kind in all of Alberta! Of course, it also includes traditional farm fun like corn mazes and u-pick produce.
6. The Green Pig Country Market in Salisbury, New Brunswick. This is more than just a market! This place also has fun, family-friendly attractions and events, like the challenging corn maze and flashlight nights.
7. Richmond Country Farms in Richmond, British Columbia. You can visit this farm and winery all year round, but it’s not until October that the pumpkin patch opens. This kid-friendly attraction is enhanced by characters like Polly Pumpkin and Korny Corn, who will make your trip even more fun!
8. Springridge Farm in Milton, Ontario. There’s a harvest festival every weekend at Springridge Farm! Let your kids play on the pipe slides and spider climber or pet their favourite animals while you enjoy good food.
9. Calgary Corn Maze and Fun Farm in Calgary, Alberta. Alberta’s biggest corn maze is found at this awesome family farm! There’s plenty of fun to be had here, from exciting attractions to educational activities and, of course, the pumpkin patch.
10. Applebarn Pumpkin Farm in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Head to Taves Family Farm to visit Applebarn, a fun family experience that brings agriculture a little closer to home. Introduce your kids to all the classic fun of a farm experience, from hay rides to petting ponies to picking out the perfect pumpkins for your fall activities.
Taking a trip to your favourite pumpkin patch this year? Whether you want to rent a cottage in New Brunswick or explore western Canada and rent a cabin in Alberta, make your trip exceptional when you stay in a vacation rental from CanadaStays. Visit the CanadaStays website to see hundreds of listings for your destination.