10 Top Cottage Favourite Recipes
Aug 11, 2016
Is there anything more fun that cooking some great food with the family while you vacation at the cottage? Laughter, secret recipes and samples intertwine with love and family. Let’s look at 10 of the all-time favorite cottage recipes.
1. Mac and cheese is a Canadian staple food. Make your favorites, like smoky mac and cheese, in the cottage. Experiment with different cheese and pastas for your own family favorite.
2. Broccoli and ham cakes are quick, easy and tasty when served with a good quality cheese sauce. Made like pancakes with fresh or frozen broccoli and good aged-cheddar, these protein packed cakes are a great meal for cottage getaways.
3. For a grown-up dessert, have some Lemon Marsala Syllabub with Black Fruit Salad. Since summer is the time for fresh berries, be creative. Cherries, currants, and raspberries topped with Marsala and cream make an excellent and cooling dessert for hot summer days.
4. For an easy main dish, try some Strawberry Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese. Again- use whatever is fresh and available- cherries, blueberries, Feta cheese- whatever your family loves.
5. Grilled vegetables like squash, zucchini, tomatoes and asparagus are great as a side dish.
6. Toss corn in the husk on the grill with butter, chilli powder and lime juice. Or choose to go a little sweeter with orange butter.
7. Skewers, with or without meat, are a great way to incorporate fresh summer tastes into your menu. Shrimp or chicken skewers with tomatoes, onions and zucchini are so easy and savoury.
8. Grilled pizza with mushrooms and freshly melted cheese is always a hit.
9. Fresh berry ice cream for dessert is a crowd-pleaser.
10. Don’t forget a cold beverage. Maple spiced tea with maple syrup and star anise is so refreshing.
Cooking can be made easy with the help of CanadaStays. No matter what flavour you and the family are feeling for dinner, let us help you decide. Whether you are renting a cottage in Ontario or renting a cabin in British Columbia, let CanadaStays help you with the planning.