Best Things to do in Québec City This Summer
June 27, 2016
Québec City is an all-year round destination. Summer time in the city is especially fun. Here are a few suggestions to make your trip even more enjoyable. Combine these ideas with your own for an enjoyable summer trip to Québec City.
- A must-not-miss is a visit through Old Québec City. The architecture of places like Château Frontenac, the ambiance from horse-drawn carriages, and the cobbled, narrow streets lend to the feeling of stepping back in time.
- Take time for a stroll with your sweetheart along Dufferin Terrace. Beautiful views of the St. Lawrence River and the city will have you walking a little closer and a little longer.
- Explore the walled city. Québec was fortified against attacks with almost 5 km of walls that surround the city. Along with the Citadel and the cannons, Québec was ready for any attack.
- Zipline across Montmorency Falls. These falls are 83 meters high and the ride on the zipline will have your heart pounding. This is super fun for the whole family.
- Parliament Hill and the Parliament Building are treasured icons of Québec City. In front you’ll see the Fontaine de Tourny lit up at night with its 43 jets throwing colorful water patterns into the air.
- Don’t miss the Place-Royale, the home of Samuel de Champlain, built in 1608. This is located in Quartier Petit Champlain, where great shops and bistros wait to fill your shopping bags and your hungry tummy’s. This is the oldest neighborhood in North America.
- Meet up with friends in the park where people like Paul McCartney and Céline Dion performed. The Plains of Abraham is an urban park within Québec City. Perfect for cycling or having a picnic; this park is one of the largest in the world.