Cranberry Spinach Salad
October 12, 2016
Looking to mix up your traditional salad with recipe that is different, easy to make and everyone will rave about? Cranberries and Spinach rejoice!
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 10 m
- Ready in 20 m
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1-pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir almonds in butter until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, onion, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Toss with spinach just before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted almonds and cranberries.
Gather up the family after a nice healthy festive lunch. This salad is super quick and easy and is perfect to prep while enjoying your time on vacation. Try a cottage rental in Kawartha Lakes, cottage rental in Muskoka, or even try renting a chalet in Blue Mountain. There’s a plate waiting for you at our table. Don’t forget to include CanadaStays on your guest list.