Homemade Hot Apple Cider
October 12, 2016
Nothing tastes better and feels cozier that sipping a fresh mug of hot cider on a cold winter day.
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 10 m
- Ready in 15 m
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 orange peel, cut into strips
- 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
- Pour the apple cider and maple syrup into a large stainless steel saucepan.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel and lemon peel in the center of a washed square of cheesecloth; fold up the sides of the cheesecloth to enclose the bundle, then tie it up with a length of kitchen string. Drop the spice bundle into the cider mixture.
- Place the saucepan over moderate heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cider is very hot (not boiling). Remove the cider from the heat. Remove the spice bundle. Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs, adding a fresh cinnamon stick to each serving if desired.
- Nothing is better than warming up with a hot apple cider at the cottage. Therefore, don’t forget to include CanadaStays on your guest list. Giving you the best cottages rentals in Huntsville, Ontario or even try renting a cottage in Haliburton or a chalet in Collingwood. CanadaStays will provide the venue, as long as you provide the delicious hot apple cider!