Top 10 Winter Activities for Adults
Jan 09, 2017
Whether this is a romantic getting away for Valentine’s day or you gather your friends– either way, there is plenty for mature things to do to enjoy the chilly winter weather. Here are a few ideas to make this cold season cheerful and fun:
1. Soak in the hot tub under the stars. The hot water jets will soothe aching muscles while laughter with friends will soothe your spirit.
2. Visit the Niagara Wine Trail and participate in wine-tastings. You can visit the vineyards, stroll through the magnificent homes and even meet the wine-makers if you are lucky.
3. Try out a trendy new restaurant with your friends. Let the grandparents watch the kids. Select from a menu that does not offer ‘kids meals’ or crayons.
4. Go on a girl’s weekend. Gather your favorite friends and spend the weekend at the spa enjoying manicures, pedicures and massages. Be wrapped in seaweed or coated in mud. Try out a new facial mask. Pampering for pure pleasure is certainly time well spent.
5. Organize a guy’s weekend. Rent a cottage with a pool table. Watch graphically violent movies with your bros. Drink. Eat junk food. Play video games.
6. Go on a romantic couples retreat. A cozy cabin with a fireplace, huge windows to watch the snow, and spiked coffee or hot chocolate will renew the flame between you and your spouse.
7. Read a novel by your favorite author. Nothing beats curling up with a good book. Grab your favorite blanket and settle in with some hot tea or cider.
8. Exchange massages with your loved one. Heat up some great-smelling oil, some hot stones, or some lotion. Play relaxing music. Light candles.
9. Hike through solitary pine forests – just you and your thoughts.
10. Do inside repairs that have waited all year.
Try a girl’s weekend in a Quebec City chalet or try a romantic getaway for Valentine’s day and rent cottage in Huntsville. The possibilities are endless when searching for a vacation rental on CanadaStays.