What are You Making for Thanksgiving? Top 5 Recipes to be Thankful for!
September 28, 2016
We all have a favourite dish that we anticipate when Thanksgiving rolls around. For some, the turkey is the showstopper. Others salivate at the thought of a pumpkin caramel cheesecake. Traditional recipes and new creations are served at the table every year. Gather round and give thanks for these 5 top recipes:
1. Gobble! Gobble! Of course the turkey is going to be in the #1 spot. Whether yours is basted to a juicy, golden brown, deep-fried to a crispy bronze or even glazed with maple syrup, the humble turkey is still the most popular Thanksgiving food.
2. A savoury butternut squash soup is warm and comforting – perfect for a dinner that celebrates family and friends. You could also choose a delicious gratinée onion soup. Light enough to leave room for other favourites, but flavorful and tasty – it will make your taste buds dance.
3. Sausage and rice stuffing pairs perfectly with turkey. Finely chopped onions and celery, spicy sausage and white rice are cooked with a cream of celery soup to turn into a moist side dish that is a Thanksgiving favourite.
4. Maple-glazed carrots add beautiful colour and taste to your table. Simple to make with olive oil, salt, pepper and maple glaze, these are sure to be on someone’s ‘can’t-wait-for-this-dish’ list. If carrots are not your favourite vegetable, try Brussel sprouts cooked with apples and bacon – salty, sweet, crunchy and delightful.
5. Fast-forward to dessert. The savoury and sweet butter tart is the perfect size for a meal-ender. A tender, buttery crust filled with brown sugar and pecans will finish off any meal.
Gather around the table and enjoy these traditional favourites. Sample new recipes made by the next generation. Laugh and enjoy Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Share with us what are some of your favourite recipes!
You can also spice up your Thanksgiving with your family at a beautiful cottage rental in Haliburton, Ontario or even try renting a cottage in Huntsville or a even renting a chalet in Collingwood. Enjoying fall away from the city is always a great option and CanadaStays can help you find something to suit every family and any budget.