Summer sun. Cocktails by the pool. Slow days. There’s nothing like summer in Columbia County. Especially when you stay at the Orchard, our beautiful 200-year-old farmhouse! Enjoy old-world charm with all the comforts of modern life. Not to mention short drives to Hudson and beyond!
The Orchard is picturesque and perfectly situated at just 2 hours from New York City. It’s close enough for a last-minute trip, and far enough to feel like you’re on vacation.
About the House
Wide-plank floors and exposed beams show the craftsmanship and detail of early 1800’s construction and design. (While the Nest thermostat and strong Wi-Fi show the focus on comfort and enjoyment.) The house once stood on hundreds of acres of orchard land. Towering old-growth maples, weeping willows, tasteful landscaping, and rock walls remain, transporting you back to those simpler times.
Kitchen • Fully outfitted (the owner is a chef)
• New appliances
• Drip coffee maker
• Espresso machine
• Lots of counter space
• Reverse-osmosis water filter
• Plenty of utensils
• Breakfast bar
• Pellet stove for extra heat and that cozy orange glow
• New mattresses (one king, three queen)
• Master bedroom has master bath
• Samsung Smart TVs in most bedrooms
• Strong Wi-Fi
• Bathrooms fully stocked with soaps, shower items and appliances
• Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services
• Large Samsung Smart TV in the living room and master bedroom
• Plenty of board games
• Large collection of vinyl records/turntable and Bluetooth sound system • Wood fireplace
Nearby Outdoor Activities
• 300-acre sculpture park — OMI International Arts Center
• Martin Van Buren National Historic Site nature area and hiking trails
• Hike along the Hudson River • Drive-in movie theater
• Hudson Village
• This is a serious foodie area. There’s no shortage of great places to eat between Kinderhook, Hudson and Chatham.
Make it a B&B weekend
Contact the owner/chef for details about food plans.
Please note that reservations of more than 8 guests are subject to additional fees.+ More