Avoid the massive crowds of Mission or Pacific Beach and relax in one of our charming vacation rentals only a block and a half from one of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, our beloved Ocean Beach.
Ocean Beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep. (More, detailed information about the area is below).
NOTE: This is my residence for part of the year but thoroughly set up as a vacation rental . It has tiled and hardwood (simulated) floors throughout, tiled kitchen counter, brand new Samsung 60' Ultra HD 4K Smart TV, high speed/stable WiFi, all the necessary appliances, kitchenware, linens and items that you would normally have at home. There is plenty of dresser and closet space and is professionally cleaned and kept up-to-date. An Air Mattress is available on request. WE HAVE BEACH CRUISERS! There is a front yard and patio with barbecue, fire pit and patio table with umbrella on a small, 4-unit, fenced-in property a free laundry room 2 steps from your back door!
In other words, Mi casa es su casa!
PARKING: We only have two off street parking spaces to share between several units. For this reason, we lowered the general price of the rental but charge $10.60 per day for a dedicated, off street parking space. Must be arranged in advance.
A bonus to renting this unit is that you will not have to purchase any condiments or spices as the pantry is fully packed and yours to use.
Most area attractions are within a 20 minute drive – including Sea World, Old Town, The Gaslamp district, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Cabrillo National Monument, downtown San Diego and Convention Center, PetCo Park (Padres baseball) stadium, Qualcomm Stadium (Chargers football) and Hotel del Coronado on the Coronado Island.
Ocean beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep.
I have recently made this unit available for rentals, so there aren't any reviews yet. HOWEVER, if you check out the VRBO/HomeAway reviews of the other two units on this property you will see that they love the rental, love the location and that we take care of our guests.
NOTE: We only have two off street parking spaces to share between several units. For this reason, we lowered the general price of the rental but charge $10.60 per day for a dedicated, off street parking space. Must be arranged in advance.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
1) PACIFIC OCEAN – Forget the car! Just walk to the beach in 5 minutes.
2) SAN DIEGO RIVER TRAIL - Beginning at the Ocean, and only a block or so from the bungalow, The San Diego River trail is excellent for wildlife viewing; bird watchers from all over the county come to snap pictures, and get good sightings and light for an array of wildlife. Fish are always jumping, eagles and hawks are often flying with live catches in their talons or beaks, and the tides make sure the visit is never the same twice.
3) ROBB FIELD – is a huge park and recreation complex with multiple tennis, basketball and handball court. It also has a fitness gym, lighted softball and multi-purpose fields, playground area for kids, and acres of wide open grass with picnic tables and shade trees.
4) CRAFT BEER BREWERIES AND TASTING ROOMS - San Diego is known to be the craft brewery capital of the country with more craft breweries per capita than any other city. Here in OB we have several breweries and tasting rooms of some of the more acclaimed craft brands such as Pizza Port, Belching Beaver, Mike Hess Brewery, Culture Brewing, Helms Brewing and the Ocean Beach Brewing Company all within a 10-minute walk from your front door.
5) ROBB SKATEBOARD PARK – is a recently-built, 40 thousand square foot, state-of-the-art skate park.
6) MAIN STREET OCEAN BEACH (NEWPORT AVENUE) – Stroll along Antique Row or shop in any of the dozens of mom-n-pop retail stores. Roam the Farmers Market and Street Fair every Wednesday afternoon. Afterward have lunch, or an adult beverage, at one of the many restaurants, nightclubs and neighborhood bars.
7) OCEAN BEACH PIER – is the second longest pier in California. It’s an amazing, panoramic location from which to drop a fishing line (no license needed), take a romantic stroll, or grab a burger and a beer at the OB Pier Café.
8) THE TIDE POOLS OF SUNSET CLIFFS – Stroll along the stunning, striated Sunset Cliffs of the Pacific Ocean. This is one of the most beautiful locations in the world, named after its amazing sunsets. Take a leisurely stroll down to sea level and explore the magic and the mystery of the tide pools at low tide.
9) BIRD WATCHING AT THE FAMOSA SLOUGH – Birdwatchers come from around the world to see the many different, exotic birds that inhabit this 37-acre wetland, including, Osprey, Snowy Egrets, pelicans, ducks, sandpipers in the estuary Black-necked Stilts, Avocets, Kingfisher, Forster's Tern, and Great Egret. Walk or bike on the path that circumnavigates the slough.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE
10 MINUTES – is all the driving time you need to visit Sea World, Seaport Village, Historic Old Town, Downtown San Diego and the historic Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, Little Italy, Maritime Museums, Petco Park (Padres stadium), and San Diego’s main airport, Lindbergh field.
20 MINUTES – to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and Museums, Torrey Pines Golf Course, five outdoor shopping malls, Qualcomm stadium (Chargers), Coronado Island and the historic Hotel Del Coronado, Cabrillo National Monument and Lighthouse.
30 MINUTES - to Tijuana and the Mexico border, Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds, Several Indian gaming casinos, Legoland, etc.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do within a close distance of our vacation units you probably won't be able to do it all in once visit. Which is why we want you to come back.
Ocean Beach Getaways