Full Stack PHP Developer (Intermediate)
CanadaStays is a rapidly growing online vacation rental company changing the way Canadians search and book their accommodation options. We are well-funded and established, and are looking to add key positions to our close-knit Development team. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a large consumer website visited by millions of users. We ship code on a very regular basis, and you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of your involved projects.
As a Full Stack PHP Developer, you will be instrumental in contributing to our main application development. You will help to craft enhancements, identify and remedy bugs, and work with various departments and product management. You have a passion for all things web development, consistency and structure, and are comfortable working autonomously and in small teams.
Relevant areas of expertise:
- Expert PHP proficiency in large, scalable web applications.
- Expert proficiency with MVC frameworks (Laravel a Huge Plus)
- Good understanding of SQL query authoring, performance tuning, relational database design and working with data at scale.
- Fluent with version control systems such as GIT and Github.
- Functional understanding of Unix commands and environments. We develop using Linux/macOS.
- Mobile development experience is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fine attention to details.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience working on large-scale projects.
- Open source contributions a big plus.
- We would like someone who eats, sleeps, and breaths development.
- Awesome development stack comprised of the latest technologies including Laravel 5.7, Redis, Postgresql, Bootstrap, jQuery/Vue and our services are fully utilizing AWS technologies.
- Team events, team lunches, snacks and drinks provided.
- Excellent location with direct access to subway line at Yonge and Eglinton.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Exciting industry and product.
- Many opportunities for professional growth.
Attractive salary and full benefits are offered and will be commensurate with experience.
Please include your resume with your contact. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates we are interested in will be contacted.
CanadaStays is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.