Full Stack PHP Developer (Team Lead)
CanadaStays is a rapidly growing online vacation rental company changing the way Canadians search and book their accommodation options. We are well-funded and established, and are looking to add key positions to our close-knit Development team. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a large consumer website visited by millions of users. We have an awesome stack, and ship code on a very regular basis. You will have the opportunity to directly influence the direction of our product and lead a great group of developers.
As a Lead Full Stack PHP Developer, you will be instrumental in deploying beautiful code from start to finish and mentoring a group of developers in the best practices of software development. We’re looking for more than just a great developer – someone who is able to solve complex problems and lead the team. This is a rewarding, hands-on position that will see you managing the process of integrating ideas and enhancements into our products, maintaining clean self-documenting code, and coordinating with the CTO, project managers and stakeholders.
Relevant areas of expertise:
- Expert proficiency in large, high-scale web applications (well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Laravel 5, Symfony, Ruby on Rails.
- Good understanding of Postgresql, performance tuning, relational database design, and working with data at scale.
- Expert proficiency of Git and Github.
- Working knowledge of Unix commands and environments.
- Amazon AWS experience a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fine attention to detail.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience working on large-scale projects.
- Team leadership experience a must.
- Open source contributions a big plus.
- Awesome development stack comprised of the latest technologies including Laravel 5.7, Redis, Postgresql, Bootstrap, jQuery/Vue and our services are fully utilizing AWS technologies.
- Team events, team lunches, snacks and drinks provided.
- Excellent location with direct access to subway line at Yonge and Eglinton.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Exciting industry and product.
- Many opportunities for professional growth.
Attractive salary and full benefits are offered and will be commensurate with experience.
Please include your resume with your contact. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates we are interested in will be contacted.
CanadaStays is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.