Come and enjoy peace on the river! This fabulous intimate cottage, ideal for a couple or small family, sits on the shore of the Muskoka River where the water gently slips by and the way of life is more relaxed than the hustle and bustle found on the big lakes. The property is very flat from the driveway to cottage, and on past to just before the waterfront where there is a large open area with a fire pit and plenty of seating. A short path leads you to the floating dock at the waters edge where you can relax with your morning coffee or take a refreshing dip in the deep, gently moving, clear waters.
The moment you walk into the cottage you will immediately feel the tension of the city slip away as you settle into the serenity and warmth of your new surroundings. The open concept living/dining/kitchen area draws you in with its beautiful laminate wood floors, cathedral ceiling, large living room window and tastefully chosen furniture and décor. The master bedroom and generous sized washroom round out this main level and there is a spacious loft with a queen sized bed and, 2 single day beds.
The screened in Muskoka room on the riverside of the cottage is the perfect spot when mother nature decides to turn against your outdoor plans.
With a kayak, paddle boat and canoe at your disposal, be sure to get out on the water and paddle down the quiet river and take in the breathtaking views. Lazy afternoons can be spent napping in the shaded hammock or head into town, just minutes away, to partake in the quaintness of cottage village life.
As the day comes to an end, enjoy an outdoor BBQ with your favourite beverage, then settle around the fire pit roasting marshmallows and reminiscing about the days events. Life is good!!
2 queen sized beds and 2 twin sized day beds.
Max Number Of Occupants: 5 No Pets Privacy Rating: Good Exposure: Northwest Privacy Rating: 2/3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)Features:
- 2 bedrooms (main level - queen; loft - 2 single day beds and queen
- fully equipped kitchen dishwasher, water cooler (one 18L water bottle supplied to start you off), dining table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone but average cell phone reception
- One 4-piece bathroom
- wood stove (some wood available)
- ceiling fan in living area
- 40"TV DVD player, library of DVD movies, satellite
- screened-in Muskoka room (with love seat and 4 chairs, tables)
- 2 propane BBQs
- outdoor furniture (6 Muskoka chairs at the fire pit, 2 Muskoka chairs on the dock) picnic table and umbrella
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- dock (8ft x 12ft) with swim ladder
- canoe, kayak, lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, filtered, not potable
- NO boat launch on river