Experience the Canadian countryside in a rustic family bungalow that sits on 10 acres of park-like grounds with a private 1.2 km nature trail. The cozy vacation rental is just 45 minutes from Vancouver, near Historic Fort Langley & Vancouver Zoo.
Located next to popular Krause Berry Farms & Winery, near Thunderbird Show Park in Fraser Valley's wine country. Enjoy golfing, fishing, horseback riding & cycling. Shop farmers markets & antique shops, and dine at artisan restaurants & cafés.
Special VRBO/Homeaway Property Feature
Guests can enjoy our nature trail that winds through 7 acres of our own private Pacific Northwest forest reserve. Make sure to bring your cameras on the trail as resident owls, woodpeckers and rabbits may come out and entertain you as you walk by the towering cedar, fir and pine trees.
Inside the unit, you can relax and unwind in the homey 2 bedroom + 1 bath family bungalow. The quaint unit is adjacent to the owner's main house and has its own private entry. Plus, because it is not a basement suite, there are no noisy footsteps above you. It feels like your own secluded retreat out in the countryside!
Dates unavailable? Need larger or smaller accommodations? Then check out our other available VRBO/Homeaway vacation units nearby: COUNTRY TIMBERS SUITE (#846878), WINE COUNTRY GUEST HOUSE (#818754) and CUTE COUNTRY COTTAGE (#704416), COUNTRY HEXAGON HUT (#1062218).
This 710 sq. ft. SMOKE-FREE and PET-FREE vacation rental accommodates a maximum of 6 people, and features:
• LIVING + DINING AREA with sofa bed (sleeps 2), and 40" Samsung flat-screen HDTV with HD cable channels
• BEDROOM 1 has a queen-size bed (sleeps 2), with forest view
• BEDROOM 2 has two single/twin beds (sleeps 2) with forest view
• KITCHENETTE includes refrigerator, portable induction cooktop, microwave, toaster oven, coffeemaker, toaster, dishes and cutlery
• One full bathroom with glass-enclosed shower (no tub) NOTE: Guests need to take two steps up to the bathroom, which may not be suitable for people with mobility issues.
• Shared outdoor courtyard area with relaxing Adirondack-style chairs
• One dedicated parking space
• Quick access to Highway 1 to visit Vancouver's many attractions
NOTE: Due to allergies, we have a strict NO SMOKING and NO PETS policy. This unit is not suitable for children under 5 years old. The additional guest fee applies to all guests, including all children. This unit is NOT available for bachelor or bachelorette parties, or parties of any kind. Also, the property is situated by working farms so there may be some occasional tractor and truck noise during the day, but definitely quiet during the evening and night.
• Free WiFi
• Cable TV
• All linens and towels provided
• Hair dryer
• Access to shared laundry room with washer & dryer, iron & ironing board
One of our guests best described our place:
“In the morning, we sipped our coffees on the patio before taking a short stroll to buy some fresh, local honey. We rented bikes and took a leisurely bike ride through the countryside. We worked up an appetite for some of the best homemade strawberry shakes and fruit pies at the farm just next door. In the evening, we had a nice gourmet dinner at a local winery, and then watched an outdoor movie at the drive-in nearby. When we got back to the unit, we fell asleep to the soothing sounds of the frogs out on the pond. It was a terrific day in the country!" – Megan S.
**BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Before making a reservation, please read the entire listing to make sure that your travel needs can be accommodated. The system defaults to rental quotes in U.S. dollars. Also, for your security and safety, payments are only accepted through VRBO/Homeaway by credit card in your name at the time of reservation. No wire transfers or cheques. The credit card and your government-issued photo ID will be checked prior to issuing the key for the unit. Thank you.
--To get a quick rental cost, input the desired dates and number of guests. Then, click "View Details" link to see the rental cost breakdown. Next, click the "Contact Owner" button to contact owner to check about availability BEFORE trying to make a reservation. Minimum night stay: 2 nights --- Maximum occupancy: 6 people total.
In order to safely accommodate you and future guests, we ask that you follow these house rules during your stay. Not following them could result in security deposit penalties and/or forfeiture of the unit:
1) Check-in is after 4:00 p.m. Check-out is before 11:00 a.m. Guests who do not vacate the unit by 11:00 a.m. without the consent of owner are subject to a fee equal to one rental day.
2) The guest who booked the reservation must be present at check-in to receive the key.
3) This unit is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
4) The safety and security of our guests and neighbors are of top concern. Therefore, ONLY registered guests may stay in the unit. Once checked in, no switching of registered guests with non-registered guests.
5) Smoking, candles, barbecue grills and campfires are NOT allowed in the unit or on the property.
6) All lights, fans, small appliances and electronics must be turned off when not in use and when going out.
7) Pets are NOT allowed in the unit or on the property.
8) Please respect the neighbors by keeping the noise level down in the unit and outdoor areas. Enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
9) Parties or drug use are NOT allowed in the unit or on the property.
10) Any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be charged against the security deposit, including: lost or damaged linens or towels; broken furnishings; commercial cleaning needed for soiled upholstery/bedding or to remove offensive cooking odors, etc.
11) No cooking of food with offensive odors, no cooking of curry, and no deep frying. Also, no excessive cooking or preparation of food for large groups or parties.
12) All food waste should be promptly placed and locked in the garbage container just outside the unit to avoid attracting pests. 13) No excessive laundry or doing laundry for non-registered guests. Please do not use the outside deck railings or patio chairs to dry clothes. Also, no laundering of any horse riding accessories, including: horse blankets, wraps, bandages and saddle pads.
14) This unit is privately owned; by accepting the reservation, guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation, which may arise out of or in connection with the guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guests.
15) Falsified reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretenses or for third parties will be subject to forfeiture of the advance payment and the group will not be permitted to check-in. They must go through mediation with the booking website for resolution.
16) Any reservation alterations are held to the same cancellation policy as the original reservation.
Above all, please remember that we do live here, too. Simply respect the unit, property and our neighbors… and smile, because you are in one the most beautiful cities in Canada!
Guests are free to enjoy the grounds in the front and around the fountain. Our nature trail is open daily during daylight hours only, unless otherwise posted. The barn, homeowner’s pool and rear of the main building are not for guest use, and access is not allowed.
--INTERACTION WITH GUESTS--
While we also live on the property in the main house, we let our guests enjoy their privacy. Have any questions or issues during your stay? We are just a text, email or phone call away.
Also, if you catch us outside gardening or getting ready for a bike ride, do say "Hello!". We’re happy to chat and share any tips on great restaurants and fun events in the area.
Thank you for reading all the way down to here! To show our appreciation that you read our entire listing, put the secret code phrase 'Adventure Starts Here' at the top of your message and we'll make sure to have a welcome basket of bottled water and granola bars waiting for you when you arrive!+ More