Enjoy our cozy cottage right next to “forever wild” land in the unblemished Catskill Forest Preserve.
Just 2 1/2 hours from NYC in the heart of the Catskills, our recently renovated, log-sided cottage is the perfect getaway.
In warm weather... Our house is a quick walk (or a minute by car) to the Belleayre Beach at Pine Hill Lake, which has it all: kayaks, pedal boats, barbecue grills, volleyball, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, swimming lessons, and a white sand beach. The sand isn't local, but the vibe definitely is.
In autumn, come for the leaf peeping... and if you love apple picking, no need to go to an orchard, you can do it right in our front yard! We have five apple trees (different varieties: red, yellow and green) and we have more fruit than we know what to do with... You'll be doing us a favor by picking and enjoying these tasty organic treats!
In cold weather... We're less than 10 minutes from the Belleayre Ski Mountain, where you can ski and snowboard trails through silent, pristine woodlands.
Our heated, glass-enclosed dining room overlooks the bucolic Birch Creek. For the adventurous, cross the creek and our property includes seven undeveloped acres adjoining New York State parkland.
When you are done exploring the great outdoors.... Enjoy our beautiful natural stone fireplace, our outdoor fire pit, or our Blu-ray DVD player and HDTV. And we've installed Cable TV and High Speed WiFi, so you can get online and check your email, etc.
Our kitchen has a professional Garland oven/stove. An open floor plan keeps the chef involved in the conversation. Plus, there’s a BBQ grill outside.
In addition to skiing and swimming, the area features other year-round fun and activities: hiking, biking, tubing, waterfalls, fishing, golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, horseback riding, concerts, antiquing, and more.
• Ten minutes to Phoenicia (voted one of the "Coolest Small Towns in America")
• Only thirty minutes to Woodstock
• The famous, fabulous Peekamoose Restaurant is only a mile away • In the summer, attend outdoor concerts at the Belleayre Music Festival, or the Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice.
• Ten minutes to the Delaware & Ulster Railroad, a leisurely train ride, offering magnificent scenery
• Fifteen minutes to the world’s largest kaleidoscope, The KaleidOscraper, a 65-foot grain silo refashioned into a gigantic toy and light show
Come enjoy the Catskills!
• 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath. Sleeps 4 comfortably. Plus we have an Aerobed mattress or pull-out couch if you want to squeeze in one more. (We ask that the maximum is 5)
• The bedrooms have extra comfy "memory foam" mattresses and pillows.
• HDTV with Cable TV and a Blu-ray DVD player
• Bring your own DVDs, or feel free to browse our collection of DVDs and video tapes. • High Speed WiFi
• A second TV has a DVD player and VHS video cassette player. • Shelves full of books to read
• The kitchen is equipped with a professional stove, oven, microwave, toaster, fridge, coffee maker, dishwasher, and more
• The bathroom is newly renovated
• The house has been very well maintained with new windows and new carpeting.
• Our home was featured in the New York Times article "Buying a Second Home First." Look it up online, I'm not allowed to print the website here...
In addition, our housekeeper, Carrie, offers the option of a food and supply service. If you're interested, she can deliver prepared food or groceries, and any other items that you'd like to have in the house for your visit. She also bakes beautiful cakes if you are having a special occasion.+ More