The Dacha - a romantic, artsy, two-story home on the New York side of the Berkshires, close to the art hubs of Western Mass - combines full amenities with rustic country style, the privacy of a wooded setting and spectacular views from every window.
A Russian word for country home, 'dacha' (rhymes with cha-cha) reflects the origins of the owner. It conjures images of relaxing days and evenings with family and friends far from the city's hectic life.
Minutes drive from the ski lifts of Juminy Peak or hiking, boating and swimming at Cherry Plain State Park
The emblem of the house is the painting of a moose family at lunch, a copy of the Russian masterpiece by Alexei Stepanov in the Tretyakov Collection in Moscow.
The DACHA offers:
• Three bedrooms, two baths, sleeps up to 10 people
• Large living room (The Loft) upstairs
• Fully equipped gourmet kitchen, granite counters, microwave, dishwasher
• Dinner area with a working brick fireplace adjoining kitchen
• Washer and dryer
• Free wireless high-speed internet throughout the house
• Large HD satellite TV with DirectTV Premiun package (HBO, Cinemax, Sports channels)
• DVD and CD library, chessboard, and stuffed animals offering entertainment to every age and taste. Should you wish to party, there is enough dancing space in the loft.
• Yamaha keyboard for musicians
• Heating and air-conditioning
$ 200 per night for a party of 5, then $ 40 daily for each extra guest, or:
$ 1100 per week rental for a party of 5, then $ 100 for each extra guest
Full logistical support. I am always accessible via telephone or electronically, and there is a house manager living in 10 minutes driving distance+ More