My boat is located in a Marina located in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville. This is the best value in Downtown Jacksonville with an unbeatable view! Whether you're here for a sporting event, concert, a vacation or just a "staycation", you'll be in the heart of everything the city has to offer. There are many restaurants and bars within walking distance. Catch a picnic by Friendship Fountain, grab a beer from River City Brewing Company or just enjoy your views from the dock. PLEASE read the ENTIRE listing before inquiring to stay.
Below are some things to take into consideration, prior to inquiring that may help you decide if my boat is ideal for your expectations!
1) Staying on a boat is VERY different than staying in a hotel room. Smaller bathroom/shower, smaller oven (countertop baking oven), smaller fridge, closer living quarters, etc. I provide a set of sheets for both beds, pillows, a set of towels/wash cloths (4), dish soap, dish rag, paper towels, marine-grade toilet paper, misc. cooking utensils, plates, silverware, glasses, and bags for trash.
2) You're in the heart of downtown. Parking can be a PAIN! We offer parking at the Marina. If you are charged, save your paper receipt ($5) and we will reimburse you. We always suggest guests to utilize uber when you leave the boat to sight-see to save headaches with parking costs in the city, not to mention parking is also limited. 3) You are free to come and go as you please. Other boaters live at this Marina and you MUST respect this! No horseplay or rowdy crowds at any point. Respect quiet hours after 9 pm. This does not mean you cannot hang out on the back deck of the boat, but your voice/music will carry. Please be mindful of this and other guests/residents. I cannot stress the importance of this enough.
4) Pets are allowed with a non-refundable fee of $25 per pet, 2 pet maximum. This MUST be disclosed at time of booking so that I may send an additional fee request to your booking. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5) My boat is ideal for people who like the city. 6) Small space ideal for two people but can accommodate four with ease.
7) This is a 34' motor yacht which REMAINS DOCKED during the entirety of your stay. Please do not send inquiries asking if you can take the boat out. This is not allowed under any circumstance. This rental is for sleeping, not cruising.
You are able to fully stand up inside the cabin of this boat, which you'll find is not always common. It is very comfortable. The boat has a direct view of the Matthews Bridge and The Landing which are both beautifully lit at night. The boat is in the St. Johns River which minimizes rocking. Please be mindful that high-winded storms will still rock any boat on the water, so if you are prone to sea-sickness, this may not be a good idea for you!
No more than 4 guests at ANY time. Only guests who are verified by VRBO allowed on the boat/dock. Disregard to this rule grants immediate termination by host without refund. We are docked at a nice marina and you MUST follow their rules and quiet hours. If there is a problem reported by any residents or dock master, you will be fined the cost of us losing our space at this marina. No exceptions. (Basically, don't have a party or be loud at night)
The boat is equipped with running water and electricity. Air conditioner and heater are both functional as well! All guests are encouraged to utilize the bathrooms associated with the Marina/Restaurant (will show you these at check in) as opposed to the toilet on board. This is to reduce any mishaps with the system which could cause a not so pleasant stay. Guests are solely liable for this! Should the tank become full during your stay, you will be charged a $50 pump-out fee. Again, there are public toilets for guests use which we encourage that are just steps away from the dock. The toilet on board should be used during middle of the night emergencies only.
Please choose a check-in time between 3:00 PM and 5:30 PM. It is much more difficult to show guests the boat when daylight is gone. We can occasionally arrange for earlier check ins if no one is checking out that day.
We clean the boat after every guest but it isn't immaculate. It's an older boat (1988) that we are constantly improving to give budget conscious guests another option. PLEASE keep this in mind!
All guests must sign release of liability form and rule form, stating their behavior will not disturb any residents at dock which would cause owner removal from marina.+ More