Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
The Flamingo Treehouse is just steps from the dock for great fishing and convenient access to your boat. You even have glimpses of the bay from the kitchen and dining area. The house has views of foliage from every room in the house. It is surrounded by palms, sea grapes and privacy and the screened porch is surrounded by seagrapes and a huge fig tree that provides cooling shade in the summer months.
The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need for your beach vacation. There are two bedrooms, one with a king bed and an en suite bathroom and another with two comfortable twins. One bathroom has a shower and two sinks and the other has a tub/shower combination. The washer and dryer are also in the bathroom for lots of convenience.
This cottage comes with a free golf cart for rentals of one week or more so you can explore the island or drive to the beach with your beach chairs and umbrella. (The beach is just two minutes from the house.) For rentals of less than a week, the golf cart is available for rental for just $100. (Please note that the free golf cart is offered as a courtesy only; if the cart breaks or stops working during your stay, the owners are under no obligation to provide a replacement cart. If you rent the cart, the owners will refund your $100 rental fee, however.)
Flamingo Treehouse offers a gas grill for your BBQ needs and a large porch for outdoor dining on balmy summer evenings. The porch is decorated with vintage bamboo furniture for that tropical ambiance. The cottage also comes with a free dock slip for your boat and we will provide information on boat rentals if you wish to rent a boat during your stay. You can also rent kayaks or paddle boards during your stay and have them delivered right to the dock.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee
• This house does not have wi-fi. There is no wired internet on the island, but many people find the mobile hotspots on their smartphones are more than adequate. (There is excellent cell service on the island.) If wi-fi is mandatory, let us know and we MAY be able to provide a mobile hotspot with pay as you go data during your stay.+ More