Sleeps 10, A/C-Window, WiFi, Satellite TV, Flat Property, Walk-In Entry, Shallow, Sandy Beach, Perfect Cottage For Families With Small Children, Air Hockey Table, Fire Pit, Great Swimming, Weed Free, Pet Friendly
Franklin Cottage is a 5 bedroom lakefront cottage on Balsam Lake. Less than two hours from the GTA and on the Trent Water System. Perfect cottage for families with a sandy beach, and shallow water perfect for kids, or an awesome game of water football! Very little boat traffic so water is usually very calm. Walkout basement with two bedrooms and bath in the basement along with lounge area outfitted with satellite TV and DVD player. Main floor has open concept with three bedrooms (master has sliding door onto wrap around patio) and full bath. Huge deck with BBQ and patio set are perfect for watching the lake while you dine and sip your favourite holiday beverage. Property lined with huge cedar hedge that offers lots of privacy and the large even lawn is the perfect place to set up a game of bocce ball or have the kids roam free!
Bedroom #1: queen bed
Bedroom #2: queen bed
Bedroom #3: double bed
Bedroom #4: queen bed
Bedroom #5: queen bed
Upstairs: 1 x 4 pc (tub, shower, toilet, sink)
Downstairs: 1 x 3 pc (shower, toilet, sink)
Cottage water: from well - potable
Washer/Dryer: for multiple weekly bookings only
Kitchen includes microwave, crock pot, coffee maker, blender and toaster
Puzzles, board games, stereo music player and CD player are available for your enjoyment
Parking for 6+ cars, large deck with locking gate, large, flat lawn on waterfront side, treed lot in the back. Water is very shallow and sandy. No jumping off the dock as it’s only about 2.5 feet at the end of the dock. There is an 8-foot sandy beach for kids.
- 8 parking spots
- Flat property
- Very child friendly (shallow water). Stairs in cottage and to water so maybe not be elderly friendly.
- Water depth at end of dock: 2.5 feet
- Waterfront: 30 feet
- Sandy beach
- Swimming is great
- No weeds until you get out about 100 feet from the dock. Later in the summer there are a few little weeds here and there but mostly sand.
- Sandy walk-in entry: nice, firm sand - no rocks - no shoes necessary
- Play areas for children – entire lot
- Double kayak
- Very private – huge cedar hedge on either side of the lot
- Tons of trees offer lots of privacy from the deck
- Cottage faces east
- Located at the end of a cul de sac so is very quiet and safe