Located on pristine Hamer Bay, Lake Joseph, this family compound exudes traditional Muskoka charm. This one of a kind property of 14 acres with over 600 feet of shoreline offers ultimate peace and privacy. The massive granite rocks that line the shoreline are characteristic of the famous and distinctive Muskoka terrain. Stunning, southern views offer all day sun. Steamships once docked at this historic property which includes a large main cottage, a two storey boathouse and a two story self contained cabin.
The main cottage has a huge "old Muskoka" screened-in verandah wrapping around three sides. Relax and enjoy the view while reclining in the charming assortment of white wicker furnishings. This cottage has three bedrooms, the master being on the main floor and two others upstairs. There is a large dining room and a very functional, large kitchen. The living room is comfortably furnished and has an over-sized wood burning fireplace. The laundry room is conveniently located on the main floor, along with a three piece bathroom.
The two storey boathouse includes a bright, beautifully furnished living room, three bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. French doors lead outside to a 12 x 12 foot deck with fabulous views of the bay.
The two story cabin offers a living room with walk out to deck, kitchen, bathroom with bath tub on the main floor. The second floor is a large, airy bedroom having floor to ceiling windows at each end.
The shoreline offers a variety of swimming opportunities from a shallow, sandy baby beach to deep water off the big rocks, suitable for diving. A kayak, 2 SUPs and a 12 foot aluminum boat are available for use.
Owners will allow dogs (must sign Pet Addendum).
Includes 2 hours of midweek housekeeping included in the rental.
BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS
- Main Cottage Master Bedroom 1 - Master with Queen Bed
- Main Cottage Bedroom 2 - Single Double Bed
- Main Cottage Bedroom 3 - Two Twin Beds
- Main Cottage Bathroom - 3 piece with shower
- Boathouse Bedroom 1 - Single Queen Bed
- Boathouse Bedroom 2 - Two Twin Beds
- Boathouse Bedroom 3 - Single Double Bed
- Boathouse Bathroom - 3 Piece with Shower
- Bunkie Bedroom - Single Queen Bed
- Bunkie Bathroom - 3 Piece with Bathtub
NOTEABLE COTTAGE FEATURES
- Dock was formerly the northern most stop for the Steamships that ran through Lake Joseph
Wrap Around Screened-In Verandah has spots for everyone to enjoy the Muskoka outdoors
- "Baby Beach" protected shallow swimming area for small children
Very Natural Terrain of Muskoka Rock at the Lake Joseph shoreline
- Boathouse Deck for Tanning
5 minutes to Rocky Crest
- 1 SUP
- 1 Kayak
- 6 cars
- Maximum 10 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking cottage
- Cottage does not allow campfires
- Pets are allowed - must sign Pet Waiver
Check-in 4:00 pm
- Check-out 10:00 am
- E-transfer, Cheque, Cash, Visa/Mastercard (plus 2.3% transaction fee) AMEX 2.9%
Jayne's Cottages Concierge Services+ More