Since 2010 I have welcomed guests from throughout the USA and 30 countries into my home just two blocks from Central Park. My reviews cite the high level of comfort, cleanliness, and hospitality, and the outstanding Upper West location, a short walk to restaurants, subways and buses. I'm a 5th generation New Yorker and host-in-residence. I live in the apartment and am on hand to help make your visit a success. Interested? BEFORE BOOKING: Write me a short note telling me about you & your travel partner - where you're from, your work, reasons for visiting New York - & don't forget a photo! You're a guest in my home, so I like us to get to know each other before booking. My smoke-free flat is on the 2nd floor of a secure, well-maintained elevator building. You receive keys to the building and apartment, to come and go as you please. Your bedroom is situated away from my living space, for maximum privacy. (No views.) Your room is 10' x 10' (3m x 3m) and has a BRAND-NEW QUEEN SIZE BED (the antique bed in the photos has been replaced) and deluxe firm mattress, dresser, nightstands, closet, and small refrigerator. Electric kettle on request. The truly PRIVATE ENSUITE BATHROOM has a shower and fluffy new towels, shampoo, gel, and lotion. Air-conditioned and spotlessly clean. Wifi, of course! Guests have a sitting area outside the bedroom with soft chairs and maps, guides, and books. In the morning I welcome you into my sunny dining room for a tasty Continental breakfast: coffee or tea, fresh-squeezed orange juice, yogurt and fresh cut fruit, and a basket of croissants and New York bagels. (Please ask us about your dietary needs BEFORE you book.) Breakfast is an ideal time to ask questions of a true Native New Yorker and share suggestions for the day's sightseeing. I live in the apartment and am available by texting or a knock on the door. You have as much privacy as you prefer. A few additional details:
1) "Light" housekeeping provided. Each day I'll straighten your bed, empty the trash bin, and check supplies. I'll freshen your towels regularly and on long stays I'll clean the room and change bed linens.
2) No kitchen or family room access.
3) No phone or computer available. Please bring your own phone, tablet, laptop for use with our free Wi-fi.
4) There is an elevator, but you must climb 6 steps to enter our building.
5) We are a smoke-free house. 6) We have no pets.
7) Unfortunately, we cannot fit an additional bed or cot in the guest bedroom, so we accommodate a maximum of two persons. Children over 10 are welcome.+ More