Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
The Flamingo Treehouse is just steps from the dock for great fishing and convenient access to your boat. You even have glimpses of the bay from the kitchen and dining area. The house has views of foliage from every room in the house. It is surrounded by palms, sea grapes and privacy and the screened porch is surrounded by seagrapes and a huge fig tree that provides cooling shade in the summer months.
The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need for your beach vacation. There are two bedrooms, one with a king bed and an en suite bathroom and another with two comfortable twins. One bathroom has a shower and two sinks and the other has a tub/shower combination. The washer and dryer are also in the bathroom for lots of convenience.
This home also provides a $100 golf cart voucher toward the rental of a golf cart from LGI Carts to explore the island during your stay. You use this certificate just like cash and the renter is still responsible for any additional rental fees, security deposit and any damage fees. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash should the guest elect not to rent a golf cart or if LGI carts has no availability. Please make golf cart reservations early!
Flamingo Treehouse offers a gas grill for your BBQ needs and a large porch for outdoor dining on balmy summer evenings. The porch is decorated with vintage bamboo furniture for that tropical ambiance. The cottage also comes with a free dock slip for your boat and we will provide information on boat rentals if you wish to rent a boat during your stay. You can also rent kayaks or paddle boards during your stay and have them delivered right to the dock.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and there is a $100 pet fee per pet.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS expensive....so we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
Two bedroom, two bath just steps to the beach!+ More