MACON MANOR, Apt 3 of 4:
If this Apartment is not available for your dates, please see our other HomeAway listings:
Apt 1: HomeAway 3488786
Apt 2: HomeAway 206384
Apt 4: HomeAway 206354
Our website ( every page of which can be translated into any language you like, has extensive tourist information about local resources (nearby bars, boutiques, cafés, museums, parks, restaurants, shops, etc.), sightseeing suggestions, transportation options, and much more, which would be of interest to anyone planning a visit to New York City, whether you stayed with us or not. If you can find a more comprehensive Vacation Rental website anywhere in the World, we will give you a FREE night!*
My name is TRUE. Thank you for your interest in our home, MACON MANOR, which is celebrating its 126th year (1889-2015) on our quiet, tree-lined street in the heart of the beautiful, safe, and culturally vibrant Stuyvesant Heights Historic District in Brooklyn, which GQ Magazine has rightfully called “The Coolest City on the Planet.” We're about a 5-minute walk from the Utica subway station on the “A” (Express) and 'C' (Local) line; the “A” connects you to Downtown Brooklyn / Brooklyn Bridge (about 10 minutes), Downtown Manhattan / Ground Zero (about 12 minutes), JFK (about 20 minutes) Penn Station / Amtrak (about 25 minutes), Port Authority Bus Terminal (under 30 minutes), Times Square / Broadway (under 30 minutes), and Central Park / Lincoln Center (about 35 minutes). There is no off-street parking, but street parking is free, safe, and fairly easy to get right out front.
We are easily accessible via car and several forms of public transportation. Many of Brooklyn’s hottest neighborhoods (Brooklyn Heights [and the Watchtower Facility], Bushwick, DUMBO, Fort Greene [and Barclays Center], Park Slope [and Prospect Park], Williamsburg, etc.) are within 5-15 minutes. JFK and LaGuardia are both within 25 minutes by car, and accessible via public transport. We are just a 1- or 2-minute walk from the best the Neighborhood has to offer (bars, boutiques, cafés, galleries, restaurants — such as Zagat-rated Peaches and Saraghina — and much more).
Yes, you can live like a real Brooklynite in this sunny & spacious Apartment, furnished with the IKEA furniture that you know & love. It is air-conditioned in the summer and well heated in the winter. Free Wi-Fi; original details and hardwood floors throughout. Ideal for large families, groups of friends, and individuals / couples who like a lot of space; it can sleep up to (8) (suggested maximum) or (10) (absolute maximum).
• A Master Bedroom: (1) queen-size bed with a quality mattress (sleeps 2) (up to  more people can be accommodated on an inflatable queen-size Aerobed air mattress for $49 per person per night); sheets, pillows with cases, blankets and comforters; A/C; closet; alarm clock; (2) reading lamps; steam iron & board; full-length mirror; original art; (2) windows overlooking the Garden.
• A 2nd Bedroom: Bunk bed with (2) full-size beds (each sleeps 2); and 2nd closet; floor lamp.
• A Living Room: (1) full-size sofa bed (sleeps 2) (up to  more people can be accommodated on an inflatable queen-size Aerobed air mattress for $49 per person per night); a sofa; a fold-away dining table & chairs for (6); a 2nd A/C; a flat screen HDTV with cable (including premium channels such as HBO / Showtime / Starz on Demand, which allows you to watch any movie or program they offer — Curb Your Enthusiasm, Game of Thrones, Girls, Sex in the City, The Sopranos, True Blood, The Walking Dead — whenever you like; there is also a cable channel for video games titles such as “Bejeweled 2,” “Diner Dash,” “Mummy Maze,” “Sudoku,” and others); a BluRay player with library of DVDs for kids & adults; a bookshelf with books & games for kids & adults, including guide books to NYC / Brooklyn; 3rd closet; hot & cold drinking water dispenser; floor / reading lamp; original art.
• A fully-equipped Eat-In-Kitchen: A full-size refrigerator / freezer; gas oven / stove; microwave; coffee maker & grinder; toaster; blender; cooking utensils, dishes, silverware; foldaway wall-mounted table & (2) stools; complimentary coffee / tea / bottled water.
• A large Bathroom: Claw foot tub / shower; hair dryer; towels; toilet paper; hand soap; a window overlooking the Garden.
- If you find a Vacation Rental website anywhere in the World that we conclude offers more information than our site (any combination of information regarding a single property and the resources and / or history of the area in which it is located, or local tourism and shopping suggestions, for example), we will reduce the cost of a (3) or more night stay by (1) night.
Live like a Brooklynite in this Sunny & Spacious Townhome! 2BR + Huge Bath; HBO+ More