La Casita is a popular Swansboro destination. A bright sunlit carbon neutral cottage. 2000sf (~180 sq mtrs) with 520sf (~48 sq mtrs) covered porch/patio that expands the living area. The private fenced backyard overlooks our pasture, outbuildings and forest. The friendly goats will entertain. An adventure base or a relaxing getaway. Emerald Isle beaches 15 minutes away. Nearby Hammocks Beach State Park and Bear Island invite exploration. Restaurants, shops, park all within walking distance.
More about our 5 star vacation home - Our town and country guest house is private, clean, comfortable and modern. We live next door and can provide a level of service not normally found in other vacation homes. At La Casita you'll enjoy what we convenience, shopping, parks, beaches and restaurants all within walking distance or a short drive. Our spacious home is very convenient for families, groups or business travelers visiting the Crystal Coast of North Carolina. The home is a little over a mile from the White Oak River/Bogue Sound and only minutes from Crystal Coast beaches, Hammock's Beach State Park, Croatan National Forest hiking trails, Ft Macon State Park, the Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores and many other excellent local attractions. The home is also within an easy 30 minute or less drive to all of the USMC installations of the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base complex. Finally, our 45 acre pine and hardwood forest makes La Casita Swansboro's only carbon neutral destination. Our tree farm, Redbay Farm, is also one of the largest tracts of undeveloped land in the Swansboro area.
A Sampling of Guest Reviews
•"C'est l'endroit idéal pour se reposer après une journée de découverte de cette région superbe. (Translation: It (La Casita) is the ideal place to relax after a day of exploring this stunning region)."
• "If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would! The pictures and descriptions don't do full justice to the terrific location, hospitality, and wealth of amenities, etc., offered by La Casita."
• "The listing is exactly as described but much more. It was spotlessly clean when we arrived with everything we could possibly need. The house is in a normal area of family homes but the fact that it backs up to 'country' made if very enjoyable." • "They knew we had a young daughter, and they put out Disney movies and set up Netflix specifically for her. It's clear the hosts take pride in what they do and have an eye for detail." • "Jim and Elizabeth are incredible hosts and their property is faultless. Both the house and the welcome we were given made our stay extremely special. Our only negative was that we couldn't stay longer."
Bottom line? As one guest puts it, "This place (La Casita) is a jewel!"
We thank all of our guests for their gracious reviews!
La Casita is perfect for casual living. A guest from California said..."This (La Casita) is a beautiful house was actually much more modern than I expected from the description, very new, clean, and nicely designed. We loved the game room with the massive TV, pool table, and wood burning stove." (owner note: La Casita was built in 2004, renovated in 2008 and again in 2014 with new paint and flooring) Enjoy... • 46" and 40" flat screen HD smartTVs with free Netflx and Amazon Prime plus more
• Free WIFI
• Free basic Cable with local HD channels (if you want a certain cable channel on the TV let us know and we will see if we can order)
• Local over the air TV channels supplied by my homemade HD TV antenna (described as a work of industrial art by one guest)
• Enjoy the comfort of our wood stove during the winter with firewood provided free of charge from the our own 45 acres of comment, "We spent most of the time in the huge family room playing pool, watching TV or just reading by the wood stove."
• Pool comment, "The family room with pool table was a big hit. I would recommend this home to anyone traveling to the area."
The Bedrooms and clean comfortable beds, linens and facilities! How nice are the beds? A British guests said, "The bedrooms, beds and bedding were spotlessly clean and made us feel right at home."
• The master bedroom has a queen bed, private en-suite bathroom with a large walk in shower and walk in closet. • The second bedroom has another very comfortable queen sized bed and a very large closet. • The third bedroom, the "stained glass room", has two full sized beds. It is a lovely room for children of all ages.
• The colorful second bathroom has a great tub and shower. • In the living room there is a full sized sofa bed and in the family room there is a full sized leather covered futon. • Parents traveling with a baby or toddler will enjoy using our Graco Pack 'n Play and Evenflow convertible high chair.
In the kitchen you will find all of the dishes, silverware and utensils necessary for cooking. We even provide complimentary spices. If there is that little something you need to prepare the perfect meal it's likely we have it at La Casita or in our home...You simply won't find very many vacation getaways with such a well stocked and equipped kitchen. As a guest from the Raleigh area recently said, "The kitchen was the best stocked of any rental I've had."
Enjoy the Outdoors!
The yard has been landscaped and is well maintained. The back yard is extremely private and fenced, the yard features mature trees, flowers, fruit trees and even grape vines. There are no homes in view from the backyard all you will see is our small pasture, outbuildings, our private forest, and of course the goats, our chickens and nearby farms visiting comical chatterboxes also known as guinea fowl (who might fly into the yard for a visit!).
• The covered porch and the patio have seating for 8. In the patio and yard you will find a gas grill, hammock and lawn chairs. • A recent guest from Chicago said, "We loved feeding the goats living behind the backyard fence." While a guest from Kentucky said, "We even had fresh eggs delivered to our doorstep from the owners chickens, and we loved the goats too!" Yes, we provide you with complimentary eggs at your arrival depending on availability. If we don't have eggs our next door neighbor sells real free range (no enclosures at all) eggs for $2 a dozen.
Conveniences for our guests
There is room for two guest cars in the driveway. La Casita is equipped with an electronic lock on the front entry door to make access very simple (you will be provided a personal and private code for the front door after booking). You will love not having to worry about keeping track of keys!
You will be very comfortable at La Casita, with its welcoming casual ambiance and convenient amenities. We have La Casita listed for times when it would be available for your exclusive use, so you have the run of the house (no one else will be sharing). Elizabeth and I are available to answer any questions you may have about our special little house. You'll have access to the entire home. Your privacy is our priority! I will usually welcome you, offer a quick tour of the property and then be close by to answer any questions and provide assistance during your stay!
Your trip here may be full with family visits or outdoor always waiting for you will be the beautiful La Casita ... an oasis of calm and serenity for your rest and relaxation. We look forward to your visit!
Packing tip: We provide towels, linens, beach towels, a small boogie board, a large boogie board, a beach umbrella, pots and pans ... etc. Packing is always a you pack that unique little something ask us if we have one you can use. We might be able to save you some space in your bags or in your car.
Thank you for selecting La Casita!
Country Charm, Beaches minutes away and Suburban Convenience!+ More