SPRING IS AT THE DOOR! Come stay with us and enjoy this beautiful time of the year, see the beautiful blooms of azaleas, dogwood, mountain laurel, and many others. USE CODE, SPRING17, in your text and we will apply a 15% discount to your total OFFER ENDS 5/30/2017.
Treetops Cottage is located on Bills Mountain in Lake Lure, one of the most beautiful areas in North Carolina. Set in the foot hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the cottage is nestled on a 3-acre wooded lot of hardwood forest in the 3500 acre Riverbend Developmentt . Most of the trees surpass 60+ feet in height, offering a beautiful display of colors in the fall. There are plenty of maples, poplars, oaks, sour wood, cedars, pines and mountain laurel (a wild bush that bursts in flowers in the spring). The wrap around porch with gates iat all the exits is a great safety feature for small children as well as any inquisitive pets.
Located in the Riverbend gated community you will have access to a private beach where you can enjoy swimming, picnicking or canoeing. Also within the Riverbend community are private picnic areas along the Broad River, nature trail and a waterfall. Directions to these are posted in the cottage.
• Three golf courses within a 10 minute drive • Gem mining, just a few miles away on 74 and also in Chimney Rock. • Horseback riding and stables, two within a 10 minute drive.
• Zip line and kayaking adventures (5 minutes away on 74)
• Hiking and walking trails
• Boat rentals at Dam Marina
• Lake Lure Beach
• Narrated boat tours of Lake Lure • Lake Lure Flowering Bridge
• Chimney Rock State Park, amazing views! The movie “The Last of the Mohicans” was filmed there. Other movies filmed in the Lake Lure area include “Dirty Dancing”, “Firestarter”, “A Breed Apart”, “My Fellow Americans” and “Thunder Road”.
• Fine dining in Lake Lure and Chimney Rock and casual dining featuring home cooking, barbeque, Mexican food, etc.
• Biltmore Estate in Asheville, approximately 1 hour away. • Asheville Outdoor Center, paddleboards, kayaking, tubing through the Biltmore Estate.
• Car Museum in Forest City
• Tryon Equestrian Center
• Carl Sandburg’s home in Hendersonville • Sliding Rock, Pisgah Forest on Hwy 276.
• Cradle of Forestry, Pisgah Forest on Hwy 276. • Historic Saluda
• Town of Black Mountain downtown area with quaint antique shops, restaurants, etc.
• Blue Ridge Parkway (Mt. Pisgah, Mt. Mitchell, Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway, featuring works from local artists). • Restaurant at Mt. Pisgah offers gourmet food with spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
• Less than 1 ½ hours away you can visit Beech Mountain, Grandfather Mountain, Little Switzerland. All worth the drive.
• Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway, featuring works from local artists. • The entire Western North Carolina is teeming with great places to visit, in whatever season you visit. There are plenty of local festivals and events.
For those interested in Astronomy, the night skies offer clear views of the Milky Way, when the sky lights up with millions of stars, mostly not visible in urban areas. Bring your telescope for fantastic viewings!
The casual atmosphere is ideal for family vacations, or for a romantic retreat. Sit on the covered back porch and enjoy the beautiful sunsets or in front of the stone fireplace by a cozy fire. The great room with high ceilings and plenty of windows allows you to enjoy the outdoor views. The wrap around porch provides outdoor seating areas on all sides of the house.
We are sure that your stay at our cottage will be a memorable one. Deer can be seen on the property in the morning and toward dusk. They also are seen on the roads inside the gated community.
COTTAGE FEATURES: The living area has vaulted ceilings with beautiful wood beams, and a stone fireplace, with half a log for its mantle. With plenty of windows throughout the house, it gives you the impression you are staying in a tree house. The deck surrounds the house on all sides, and the back section can be gated at each end for small children and/or pet.
The cabin is outfitted with AC/Heat, fireplace, gas grill, washer, dryer, microwave, iron, ironing board, flat screen TV, Dish Network, WIFI, Bluray player, Roku All linens, towels, tablecloths, place mats, paper plates and cups, hair dryer, and flat iron are also provided.
There are also DVDs, board games, and games and books for small children. With two bedrooms (one queen bed in master and two full beds in the 2nd bedroom, and a queen sofa bed ) the cabin sleeps 6 comfortably. Kitchen is equipped with refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, crock pot, and all necessary kitchen equipment, cooking utensils, dishes, pots & pans, baking dishes, and flatware to make your stay very enjoyable.
The back porch and wrap around deck are favorite places to sit and read. The covered back porch has a table with 4 comfortable chairs, 2 rocking chairs, a bench and gas grill.
PETS: Well behaved pets are welcome. Please contact me with information on your pet.
Renter must be at least 24 years of age.
No smoking allowed (No cigarettes, cigars or e-cigarretes).
Riverbend is a gated community, therefore, you will need an access card to drive into the area. We will mail you the card, a week prior to your arrival. Card must be left on the kitchen counter when you leave the premises. Failure to do so will cause a $50.00 charge to your credit card. The key to the cottage is on the wall by the front door in a lock box. We will provide you with the combination. At the end of your stay you must leave the key inside the lock box. Failure to do so will result in a $30 charge to your credit card.
2 Bedroom,. 2 Full Baths, Great Room And A Wrap Around Deck with gates on exits+ More