Cottage Rental: Alton Bay, NH Lake Winnipesaukee
Name: Waterfront Cottage with Dock
Description: Affordable opportunity to be on the big lake. Located across from and on Alton Bay, this property is just down the street from Sandy Point (Lobster / Seafood) Restaurant. The primary attraction is the 60+ feet of deck across the waterfront, plus a 24' dock with walk in steps to make swimming easy. The cottage itself is located across the street, and has views of the bay, including watching the Mount Washington come and go. The cottage includes a ¾ bath, washer / dryer, 2+ bedrooms that allow us to stay up at the lake frequently with 7 of us (3 children). One bedroom has a queen size bed, the second is the kids room with a triple bunk system, and the third has a twin bed with a trundle style one below if allowing for two people in the room. . . This property also includes significant parking via a private driveway, and parking on the road is also allowed.
Why this property: Private Waterfront w Dock, Location, Range of activities, Affordable prices If you enjoy the lake, this is a terrific location. It is a real pleasure to sit out on the dock with refreshments, watching the boats coming and going or the leaves turning. Take a swim if the season is right, or take a kayak / canoe / paddleboard ride around the bay (about 4.5 miles long!). If you have a jet ski, or small boat, use this as your launching point to explore all of the adventures that the lake can bring. Wolfesboro is 20-30 minutes by boat, with beautiful swimming spots on the way. Once in Wolfesboro, enjoy ice cream, lunch, dinner or the shops. Many other locations are available by boat, including Weirs beach, Meredith Bay and more. . . If you are looking to drive, you can reach Weirs Beach or Wolfesboro in about 20-25 minutes. If you want to take a walk, Alton Bay has several small restaurants, a country store, and two small beaches. If you enjoy hiking, you can explore a local park, as well as several true mountain hikes with a hike to the top of mount major providing a couple hours of hiking round trip for a spectacular view of the lake and Alton Bay. Other hikes are close by to those interested.
Points of Reference:
- Lake Winnipesaukee o Huge lake, many bays & islands more than 20 miles long! o Several ports to take a great boat trip adventure -- Alton Bay that you are in, Wolfesboro (25 mins), Weirs Beach / Paugus Bay (40 mins), Meredith (1 hr) o A very clean and clear lake, terrific for swimming. . .
- Two boat launches nearby (approx 1/3 mile)
- Public boat docks in Alton Bay (day use only)
- Free Summer concerts on Saturday evenings in Alton Bay
- Meadow-Brook US Cellular Pavilion hosts weekly concerts and is approximately 30 minutes away
- Walk to ice cream and a few restaurants
- Many shops, restaurants, activities within easy driving distance
- Gunstock Mountain Resort -- Zip Line, Segway tours, Skate Park, Aerial Treetop Adventure Park, Games & Activities, Mountain biking & rentals
- Weirs beach -- Go Karts, Arcades, Bowling, Climbing Adventure
Mount Major for hikes / views
- 1 Dock slip available by arrangement
- Washer / Dryer
- Full Kitchen
- 2+ Bedroom
- ¾ Bath
- Private waterfront
- Partial Air-conditioning & Heating
- Ample parking on / off street
Seasonal Cable & Internet Access
Availability & Rates: This is our family getaway, so we will be spending a lot of time up at the lake, but we are looking at the following availability. Generally, we are looking to rent for a week minimum on a Saturday to Saturday basis from April 15th - October 15th. We will be using it for the fourth of july, and prices vary based on the season. Drop an email and let us know when you would consider and we can send along pricing. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Rates - Vary from off season 600 - High Season 1275, and a special rate for bike week. Please enter your dates into the system entering a sat - to sat. Add tax, pet fee, and cleaning fee as appropriate+ More