[County of Placer Transient Occupancy Registration Certificate #8726]
* Welcome to our mountain cabin! The perfect spot for a peaceful vacation with family, a romantic engagement, a festive retreat with friends, or just because you deserve to get away from it all. With easy access from I-80 along a private country road, the Fool's Gold Cabin is just over two hours from the Bay Area. With Sugar Bowl only 35 minutes away, fifty mountain lakes nearby and plenty of things to do at the cabin, there are endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Situated above the snow line at an elevation of 5,000 feet, there is a beautiful mix of deciduous and evergreen trees and not a neighbor in site. If you're looking for peace and privacy, this is the place for you. With a large common space inside, two bedrooms and one bathroom, the two-story 1,100 square foot cabin is ideal for a family - or 2-3 couples - to get away and relax! The cabin has contemporary furnishings and every room has charming wood floors that were made of reclaimed bleachers from the San Francisco State University basketball arena (compliments of the Wooden Duck in Berkeley). Enjoy a good book while relaxing on a leather couch with a fire raging in the large, stone fireplace with an old-school Lopi wood-burning insert (firewood provided). With 60GB of music on the iPod provided - or on the device you bring - you can easily rock out to the indoor and outdoor sound system.
* There is an upstairs bedroom with a California King bed and a downstairs bedroom with two bunk beds (so, four twin beds). While the cabin sleeps 6 most comfortably, there are cots and sleeping mats available for more flexible arrangements. Bedding is provided (sheets, towels and extra pillows too). There is also a hi-end, large capacity washer and dryer (with hypo-allergenic settings too!).
* The Fool's Gold Cabin has a well-equipped kitchen with plenty of seating at the bar, on the deck, or at the hand-crafted dining table - which features a topographical map of the wilderness area surrounding the cabin. There is ample room in the stainless steel refrigerator and pantry for all the groceries you bring. The Serra Market in Colfax is the nearest full-scale grocery store, but there are also some wonderful Mom-and-Pop markets in nearby historic Dutch Flat or in Alta for some of the more basic needs. With the 5-burner, 40' stainless steel stove and oven (including a convection oven that I don't know how to use), you can prepare a wonderful meal that can be enjoyed on the spacious deck with teak furniture. We provide some collapsible camping chairs in the winter when the furniture is in storage. There are too many appliances to list (microwave, toaster, Soda Stream, etc) but the kitchen is well-equipped for most every need. There are even home-made S'more Sticks so you can sit around the campfire at night and enjoy the clear, mountain sky. What's the point of nature if you don't have s'mores?
* The Fool's Gold Cabin offers plenty of outdoor activity as well. In addition to the multitude of activities and events that are available in the area, our ten acre back yard has wonderful trails through scenic, private woods. There is plenty of open space for kids to run and play while you enjoy the views from a spacious deck. There's lots of fun for small kids, big kids and adults who want to act like kids.
* SOMETIMES, YOU DESERVE YOUR OWN TEN-ACRE MOUNTAIN ESTATE.
* If you like to be away from noisy crowds, see the night sky clearly, play in private woods, converse around campfires and dine against the backdrop of the Sierra... the Fool's Gold Cabin is the place for you!+ More