400 sq. ft of your own bright, clean, modern, private Venice Beach oasis
Enjoy the provided coffee & breakfast in the King-sized bed, overlooking the lush garden through French patio doors
Hop on the available bikes to enjoy the Venice & Santa Monica scene like a local
- Sip the complementary beer/wine on your private patio, soaking up the LA sun
- Just minutes from the beach, Abbott Kinney & L.A.'s top restaurants/bars
2 twin Aero-beds are available for guests #3 & 4, as is a crib.
Newly renovated, completely standalone Guesthouse with kitchenette & bathroom, giving you 400 square feet (40 square meters) of your own modern & private oasis in historic Venice Beach.
• Extremely bright and airy, with sky-lights in the vaulted ceilings • Large patio doors let in the L.A. sun & beach air, looking onto your patio
• King-sized bed with new mattress and top-of-the-line pillows & sheets
• Fully stocked bathroom with over-sized shower & organic toiletries
• Kitchenette with sink, fridge, toaster, coffee maker, dishes & utensils (4)
• Coffee/tea, cereals & milk, and several beverages provided in fridge
• Huge yard entirely at your disposal, featuring covered patio seating, backyard beach, 6-person dining area, and gas BBQ
• 2 beach cruiser bikes for your use during your stay (infant seat available)
• Free street parking (all week)
• Room-darkening shades and blackout curtains to ensure sound sleep
• High-speed internet, HDTV with YouTube TV cable subscription, alarm clock/radio, dining/work table, 2 large wardrobes, and a cupboard full of board games also provided
Besides full and uninterrupted access to the Guesthouse and all of its amenities, the entire yard is also yours throughout your stay. Entirely re-landscaped 2 years ago, this means over 3,000 square feet (300 square meters) of gorgeous covered patio, backyard beach, 6-person dining area, fountain, fruit trees, and gas BBQ.
You will also have full access to the 2 beach cruiser bikes to help you get around the neighborhood like we locals do, and street parking is free and available each day of the week.
We live on the property in the main house but have a completely separate entrance, so whether or not you meet us during your stay is entirely up to you. We are here to make sure you have a wonderful time. If you have questions and want to hear from us, we are 100% available. If you just want privacy and to do your own thing, we're 100% on board with that too.
Venice Beach is simply the place to be in Los Angeles, with its beach vibe, its hot restaurant and bar scene, its history and architecture, and artistic "small-town" community feel. All this, and the rest of LA is only a short drive away.
The Guesthouse is in a rare, quiet residential part of Venice that gives you the best of all worlds: just a walk/bike ride to all the fun, while enjoying a peaceful and large private backyard for a cozy afternoon cocktail, a good day's work, and a solid night's sleep.
Some of the nearby highlights include: • Venice Beach / Muscle Beach / "The Boardwalk" • Abbott Kinney boutiques, bars & restaurants
• Santa Monica Main Street (e.g., Farmer's Market on Sunday)
• Rose Avenue bars & restaurants
• The historic Venice Canals
• Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade shopping district
• Santa Monica Pier views and amusement park
All of these are biking distance away, including tons of restaurants and bars. LAX and all major highways are also extremely nearby (more below).
The best way to get around is on the bikes that come with the Guesthouse. Venice is a great little "town" all on its own, as is nearby Santa Monica, and you can easily bike around both.
• The beach and canals are about a 10 minute leisurely ride away
• Abbott Kinney, Santa Monica Main Street, and foodie-heaven Rose Avenue are about 5 minutes away
• Grocery store/pharmacy is less than 5 minutes away
• Santa Monica’s Pier & 3rd Street Promenade are a 20 minute bike ride
By car, all of the rest of Los Angeles is within easy range as well:
• LAX is 20 minutes away
• Major highways are less than 10 minutes away
• Hollywood ~30 minutes
• Downtown or Universal Studios ~40 minutes
There are several Bus stops within walking distance of the house that can get you to all of these places as well.+ More