Home is in OTTERBEIN - One of the Inner Harbor's most historic, central & established residential neighborhoods.
YARDS from Baltimore Convention Center & Major Downtown Hotels: Hyatt, Sheraton, Sonesta, Hilton
Camden Yards Baseball & Ravens Stadiums are 1-2 Blocks,
HARBORPLACE & Waterfront Walking/Biking/Running Trail/Park(1 block),
Starbucks (2 blocks),Restaurants(3 blocks),
National Aquarium/Museums (2-3 blocks),
Maryland Visitor Center/USPost Office & Baltimore Bike Share Location (1 1/2 block)
- Free Charm City Circulator Shuttle/Light Rail to BWI AIRPORT,MARC Trains to Wash DC(1/2 Block)
Home is in one of the most historic, centrally located and established residential neighborhood of the Inner Harbor -The community of Otterbein. The neighborhood is at the heart of Baltimore Inner Harbor's Renaissance Movement, and close to everything that is Inner Harbor and Downtown Baltimore. In the small neighborhood you will find streets and alleys labeled "Homesteader" to remind us and honor the many that contributed greatly to make Baltimore's Inner Harbor what it is today. It has also been the home of many government officials, artists, writers and celebrities; one of which was former Maryland Governor and 2016 Presidential Candidate, Martin O'Malley.
ON THE APARTMENT:
Our home is a 1,100 square feet second floor corner 2 Bedroom 2 Baths apartment with recently installed (February 2017) beautiful recycled wood laminate floors throughout the apartment; except in the kitchen, and bathrooms where imported Italian porcelain/marble tiles, and green surf style granite counter-tops were installed.
We lived in Japan for a while and fell in love with their no-shoes in the home custom. Therefore, our home is a "no-shoes" environment to help you leave the dirt and stress of the streets, the travel and the day by the front door & "Breathe/Relax". Slippers in different sizes are provided for you at the entrance of the apartment for your enjoyment and relaxation while staying with us.
The home has
- a smart lock with app and keypad accessibility,
- "the ring" doorbell camera which will alert you to anyone at the front door via motion sensor.
- In addition, and for those guests that can always use more security when they travel, you will also find a portable motion sensor alarm on top of the bar. Please keep in mind that the portable motion sensor alarm is quite sensitive, and very loud - so please read the instructions prior to its use.
In the center of the living room, you will find
- a beautiful dark brown alpaca rug from Peru that was bought from local low income artisans and for which no animals were destroyed. We bought this during one of our trips to this beautiful country.
- a ralph lauren inspired green/black plaid design low back down-filled sectional sofa bed with a queen mattress which also has a foam topper for greater comfort. Down moves around a lot, so you will likely need to adjust cushions to you comfort.
Also in the living room you will find a fireplace (locked for safety) with strings of small "soft white" star lights inside that are controlled via remote or can be put on a timer for ambiance. Next to the Fireplace, you will find
- a large HDTV flat screen television with all the over the air digital local Television stations;
an Xbox 360 with a Kinect Sensor for playing one of the 20+ video games left there for your enjoyment while staying with us, or playing your own. In addition, you can also use the Xbox 360 to access your Netflix of Amazon Video accounts, but you will need to set up your free account with Microsoft to log into the xbox if you have not already done so.
- a DVD player you can control thru the red central remote that has the Stanford University logo on it
The Master Bedroom has a -comfortable Queen Size Bed, -2 full length mirror closets on both side of the hallway leading to its own - Private Master Bath with a Vertical Spa Shower, and
- Brand new Seat height Jacuzzi toilet, and here is also
- a foldable luggage rack for easy access to your luggage.
The Guest Bedroom has
- a new Queen Size 12" Green Tea Infused Memory Foam Mattress with an 18" Platform for luggage storage underneath, and providing you with a bed height/sitting of 30" for less stress on the knees when getting up or down to sleep,
- a reading lamp, and
- a small antique mahogany desk to set up your local office.
- a large walk-in closet.
In the guest bedroom walk-in closet you will find a 1/2" thick Extra-long (72") Eurosport Yoga/Pilates Matt and in the living room under the HDTV, you will find a collection of Yoga CDs.
In case you needed, in the guest bedroom walk-in closet you will also fin
- a portable clothes steamer, and
- an ironing board and iron.
Right outside the guest bedroom, you will find the guest bathroom with Italian porcelain tiled floor and marble tiled walls. The guest bathroom also has
the Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bathtub with
a second Vertical Spa Shower for your enjoyment.
- a new dual flush water conservation toilet is also found in this bathroom, - a newly installed sink fixture with a blue (non-power operated) light that runs on water power.
Foam-comfort rugs are also provided for your comfort.
- A bathrobe hanging on the door
As you head away from the bedrooms to the dining area, you will find
- a wrought iron table with glass top and
three wrought iron chairs with cushions surrounded by a sectional sofa for additional seating/reading/ipad space around the dining table
- an air purifier next to the glass top wrought-iron dining table/chairs.
This is an urban setting, and the galley kitchen with porcelain covered floors and green surf Countertops has a bay window that carries in the morning light. Nothing should be placed on the bay window.
In the kitchen for coffee and tea lovers, you will find
- a single cup coffee maker
a French Press,
- Starbucks or Seattle's best ground coffee will be inside the freezer for your enjoyment. If you finish the coffee, please replace it for the next guest, and we have a Starbucks about 2 blocks away on the Inner Harbor.
The kitchen has,
Memory Foam Kitchen rugs for greater comfort when cooking,
Small rice steamer,
- A small blender, and
is stocked with dishes, utensils, and pans. Please clean your own dishes or after scraping the leftovers in the trash, please place them in the dishwasher. Do not leave dirty dishes or open food containers overnight, and please place the in the trash container or closed trash bags. Thank you.
If you need them while your stay with us, extra blankets, and towels will be inside the guest bedroom walk-in closet.
No smoking either inside or outside near front door.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
- May not be safe or suitable for children (0-12 years)
If you like plants, and you are able to - please water the plants during your stay.
Walking is our favorite mode of transportation and the reason we love our home's location - You can walk everywhere on the Inner Harbor/Downtown from here.
Half a block from the apartment and right in front of the Camden Yards Baseball Stadium you will find Maryland Marc Trains to Washington DC (weekday service/check schedules) and $1.90 direct Light Rail service to BWI Airport and Baltimore Amtrak Station.
In addition, Baltimore's free inner harbor/downtown shuttle: the Charm City Circulator stops in front and in the back of the Hyatt Hotel which is 1 block from the apartment. For more information on the circulator check their site
Baltimore's Bike sharing program/bikes are available by the Baltimore Visitors Center at the Harbor, about 1 block from the apartment, and
Uber or other ride services are readily available for your use thru their mobile apps.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
May not be safe or suitable for children (0-12 years)
Enjoy Charm City; its many neighborhoods, and above all - its people!
IMPORTANT: With your reservation of this home, you and all individuals staying with you or visiting the home during your stay at this property acknowledge and accept the NO LIABILITY, INDEMNIFICATION & HOLD HARMLESS agreement below. If you or any of the other guests staying with you at this property do not understand any parts of the agreement included below, you will need to let us know within 24 hours of your reservation. Specifically, the owners and hosts of the property do not assume liability for the loss, theft, damage or injury (or death) to persons or their personal property. All Guests agree to indemnify and hold the owners and hosts harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss.+ More