Cape Breton Island : Planning Your Vacation
Planning to Travel to Cape Breton? Here are some things you should know :
1. Rated the "Best Island off North America" (Travel and Leisure Magazine)
2. Has the Best Golf Course in Canada (Golf Digest) in the Highland Links (Cabot Shores is midway between it and Bell Bay in Baddeck)
3. The island has the largest moose population in the Maritimes.
4. Has the Cabot Trail which is rated #1 ride by Readers' Digest.
5. Has the only Gaelic College offering Gaelic (and significant Gaelic Culture, Music, Festival) outside of Scotland and Ireland and the best Music Festival in Eastern Canada which is Celtic Colours (as rated by the East Coast Music Awards)
6. Has the largest number of Mi 'kmaq in the Maritimes, at Eskasoni Reserve.
7. Will have the first "Wabanaki" festival this year at Cabot Shores starting on June 12th.
Some other plans you should make include:
- A) Eating Lobster and Digby Scollops and Englishtown Mussels
- B) Seeing Whales, Eagles, Moose, Seals? Puffins?
- C) Great walking trails to Waterfalls and Beaches.
- D) Go for a Sea kayak, Canoe or hit the links for a round of golf.
Looking for a place to stay when you arrive? Check out Cabot Shores wilderness resort listing page here :
Or you can view their website here: