I was shocked at the smell and lack of cleanliness
First of all let me say that this cabin has a lot of potential. With that said, we left after about two hours of arriving. I first entered the home fully knowing the cabin allowed pets but was shocked at the smell. I am not a cat owner but have been so before so I am aware of what a clean home with a cat present should smell like. This cabin reeked of cat spray. So much so that we attempted to place dryer sheets near the window units in hopes of calming the smell. I did notice two new odor controllers on the mantle but they were no match. Downstairs was a different story, it smelled of mold and mildew and again dryer sheets did not help. The upstairs bedroom looked as if it had not been painted in many years. The walls had become dingy and they were littered with markings. There was a dresser there with drawer fronts missing. The living room contained several seating choices but the two couches were covered in pet hair. There was a rocker near the dining room that was too filthy for any of us to sit on. Near the hot tub there was a bench that if anyone sat on, I'm certain it would have fallen apart. I was frustrated to say the least at how someone considered this unit rentable and decided to step outside for fresh air and to gather my thoughts as I had every intention of enjoying my weekend with my family. I made a call to the rental company and left a message. We decided to head to a store to grab some food and was contacted by the rental agency. I explained the issues and she promptly moved us to another cabin about 40 minutes away. I was highly disappointed with the condition of the original cabin and frustrated with the inconvenience of having to relocate but there is no way we would have been remotely comfortable with the smell or condition. Hats off to Wendy for doing what she could to make it right. I hope the owners fix the issues as I could see potential in this cabin.
Log Cabin Centrally location with Hot Tub