DO NOT RENT FROM BERNIE!!
I am not one to write bad reviews-but I am not going to be quiet about how we were treated after renting from him He is refusing to refund our security deposit-His reasons: 1-That we destroyed the microwave. All we did was put a potato in and then hit the sensor for Baked Potato. It was basically on fire and still cooking. This is not our fault. Sounds like his sensor in the microwave was bad. His lease states "That the Tenant shall maintain the leased premises in a clean condition; the Tenant shall be responsible for all damages, breakage, waste, and / or loss to The premises, except for normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualty which may result from occupancy- I would consider this an unavoidable casualty. His house is outdated with older appliances. I am afraid to think that if the washer or the Fridge broke while we were there that we would need to replace that as well 2-He also claims that we some of the wires on the stereo system/record player were removed and incorrectly installed. I am not sure where he is coming up with this. We never touched the stereo/record player. Our kids are older and have Ipods and Iphones and had no desire to listen to 33 records. My husband installs home theater and whole house audio for a living. I think if we unplugged them we would know what we are doing. I tried to explain all of this to him and he is unresponsive. I was disappointed in the overall misrepresentation with his house. 1-said it was a 4 bedroom. The one bedroom was a loft making this a 3 bedroom house 2-The Trundle beds were rusted & held together by wire and one of the kids ended up cutting him self 2X! 3-He advertised a grill-when we got there we could not find it-I asked him and he said due to the weather there will be no grill. we had brought food to grill with us 4-He advertised that Linens were provided-they were small little towels that we had to wash to use again. I would not call them Bath towels-more like hand towels 5-Everytime someone took a shower his house started smelling like a sewer system. We had to open the doors for the odor to clear out. I did e-mail him about this issue when we were there-but he said he did not smell it 6-he advertised that the house was cleaned by a cleaning crew-However there was cob webs and even spiders in the showers and a toddler found a lighter in the sofa I feel like he was reaching just to keep the deposit and something tells me I am not the first one he did this too- Just BEWARE

March 2013
Tri-level Contemporary House on Killington Mountain
Tri-level Contemporary House on Killington Mountain
Back to Listing