Stinkbugs & Ladybugs Galore! A few roaches too! Oh my! I think the bugs ate the girl scout cookies!
While the actual property is nice, my first impression upon arriving was that I was surprised that rental agency didn't make sure the property was cleaned before our arrival. After the long drive, my first stop was the bathroom. I counted a dozen dead bugs littering the bathroom floor, window sill and countertop. We could not spend the first evening in the main floor family room bc the stink bugs kept landing on my daughter. After relocating to the loft to play a game, we watched the stink bugs chase the ladybugs around the bowl of the light fixture and noticed how as the stink bugs would fall off the light they would fall down toward us and fly back up before hitting us! The base of the bowl of that light fixture was filled with dead stink bugs. One son noticed piles of dead ladybugs by his bed. I put a crockpot of stew on in the morning before spending the day skiing. When we returned to the home and began to dish out the stew...a STINK BUG had managed to get in the stew! Later, one of the kids made popcorn. He didn't notice the stink bug on top of the salt shaker so, it ended up in the popcorn. I had to wipe the stink bugs out before getting into bed at night. Some ladybugs were saved before playing pool but others went unnoticed until later found smushed on the table. We are foreign missionaries, so I am not talking about an occasional bug. If this would have been any other family, they would have left. This was an infestation. Why did I not call the rental agency in charge? I didn't want some exterminator coming out and spraying poison while my family was there! The house itself is nice. The amenities were nice, but if the rental agency is not more on top of things than this, I could not recommend this place. I am sorry for the family because on the family side it is obvious that they have attempted to make a lovely getaway retreat. It didn't take spending the night in the house to see that there was a problem. We recognized it in the first 30 minutes. Beyond that, this was quite a bit of money for my family to spend for a weekend getaway only to have to share it with bugs. Oh! The main floor bathroom had roaches thankfully the boys used that bathroom so us girls wouldn't have to! The day we checked out, we loaded the car to go on a hike, when I opened the trunk to grab a water bottle, I discovered that a one stink bug had made it into my car! I give positive 2 stars bc nice home in quiet neighborhood. PS. the jacuzzi ph was low.
Pool Table, Hot Tub, Lakes