Can't be the place I read about in the reviews . . .
We were excited about this cottage after reading the great reviews, but were in for a shock. The location is near the beach, a nice beach, and the decor is eclectic- that much is true. But the place was not suitable for the three of us; we left after just one night even though we had booked three. The cottage reeks of mildew and mold and was not very clean. There is no way to completely close the windows so everything in the cottage, including the cloth furniture, is damp. There was algae growing on the curtains and rat or mice droppings on top of the fridge. The dishes not in the cupboard were coated with salt spray; the dishes in the cupboard were of questionable cleanliness. The building itself looks like it has survived a fire that separated it from the main house (and the main house is really close- it didn't feel private at all). The electrical work in the cottage is really scary: the numerous extension cords and drapes right over the outlets do not seem safe. No one told us the bedroom was only about 10 feet from the highway and a bus stop, and we listened to buses starting and stopping all night long. There is also a public beach access path right along the side of the cottage, and there were people walking along there all night, some making strange noises. We only met the owners very briefly, and found them a little stand-off-ish. They seemed upset or confused that we had our son with us, as if they were only expecting two, but our reservation clearly was for 3. We ended up gong to a nearby resort for a much nicer stay at almost the same price. I've had great luck with VRBO in the past, but this experience may keep me from using the service again.
LOVE THE OCEAN, HEAR, SEE AND BREATHE THE EXPERIENCE