Extremely Disappointed!!
Let me start with the only positive item for this rental - the location. It was close enough to town but far enough away from the crowds. The biggest issue with this rental property is the cleanliness or the lack of being clean. Upon arrival, we noticed evidence of mice (mice droppings) throughout the house, mainly in the kitchen. There were droppings all along the kitchen sink and counters, floors, bathroom (in the linens). When we opened one of the drawers in the kitchen to use a kitchen towel, there was a towel that had been torn apart by mice and the drawer was full of droppings. The dishes and silverware were dirty. It appeared as if someone had eaten off of the plates, rinsed them and towel dried them. There was a greasy residue to all of them. The description of the rental mentioned the use of a charcoal grill - we could not locate a grill anywhere on the property. There seems to be an insect issue in the house - more specifically hornets, bumble bees, yellow-jackets. We killed several of them in the house during our stay. We also saw a few live cockroaches in the bed linens that appeared while putting our kids to bed. The property description mentioned enjoying a fire around the fire pit and make s'mores. There was so much garbage in the "fire pit" that it needed to be cleaned out before one could start making a fire. The property was described as enjoying the summer breezes throughout the house - the majority of the windows in the front of the house did not have screens in them. The screens were laying on the floor below the windows, but not they had not been installed for the season. The above are the major problems we had while staying there. There are several other issues but are minor commpared to what I have described above. Between my husband and I and our family, we have stayed in several different types of properties from motels, hotels, historic homes, bed and breakfasts, inns and in our own RV - this property, by far, was the worst we've experienced. I am extremely disappointed and angry at the dollar amount we've spent to stay in a place as I described above. We love the Saugatuk/Douglas area and will be back to visit again but will NOT be staying at "The Zoo" and I would never recommend it to anyone.

May 2015
A DAZE AT 'THE ZOO' (FRANK'S PLACE)-THE WHOLE HOUSE! 2 miles from town - Really?
A DAZE AT 'THE ZOO' (FRANK'S PLACE)-THE WHOLE HOUSE! 2 miles from town - Really?
Back to Listing