Had safety concerns
We stayed at Elaine's property when we were in town for my Brother-in-Laws wedding. My first impression was that it had a nice porch that could have been utilized in the summer and the rest of the property was certainly adequate for our needs, it was clean and functional. I wasn't impressed that one of the doors on the upstairs bedrooms had been replaced by a curtain and in that same room there was a crawl space(with a door) to attic storage that was not locked off, it was certainly not child safe. In the other upstairs bedroom the lighting was very poor, two of the lamps were unplugged and in the ceiling lighting there were several bulbs missing. I was very glad that we had arrived during the day. The other overall impression that I had was that the bathroom was quite a distance from the sleeping spacing. The first part of my review is not the reason that this property is receiving one star though. At 2am on our first night, the carbon monoxide detector in the crawl space room started going off. I was unsure if this was due to a battery issue or if there was truly carbon monoxide in the house. In order to answer this question for myself I went searching for other carbon monoxide detectors in the house. I found one in the downstairs bedroom but it was not in working order. In my house, I have carbon monoxide detectors built into our smoke detectors so I was looking for smoke detectors as well. Upon inspection, I didn't find a single working smoke detector in the house. There was one smoke detector one top of the fridge without batteries in it as well as one in the kitchen cabinet without batteries. This is not only illegal in the state of NH but it is extremely irresponsible. It made me wonder what else wasn't being serviced or paid attention to in the house and if my family was truly safe. These are not good thoughts to have in the middle of the night prior to a wedding. I emailed Elaine in the middle of the night outlining my concerns and asking her to address them in the morning. The response that I got was questioning me saying there was a smoke detector (which there was not) and offering to drop off (not install or fix) another C02 detector. We put a bandaid on the problem by replacing batteries but it is still not up to NH code which says a rental property must have wire smoke detectors in each bedroom and on each floor. I question the safety of this rental and if other things have not been taken care of properly

January 2017
Central To All NH Has To Offer
Central To All NH Has To Offer
Back to Listing