Built in 1909, the Singhampton Schoolhouse is a gorgeous property filled with charm and history. The property is a 20-minute drive from Collingwood and Wasaga Beach and a five-minute drive from Devil's Glen Country Club and Duntroon Highlands Golf Course. The Nottawasaga Bluffs and the Bruce Trail are walking distance from the house and highly recommended for early morning and evening walks.
The property was recently renovated with the hallway restored to it's original 12ft height and the main kitchen and bathroom renovated to reinforce the character of the building. The backyard is fully fenced and the home is pet-friendly, provided your little pooches are house trained. The property has everything you need for a great getaway in the country including:
• Four bedrooms with one king, one queen and two double beds. The master bedroom is an old classroom with the original tin ceiling. The two smaller rooms with the double beds use to be the teacher's offices and are open concept - they have curtains for privacy.
• Two bathrooms
• Two kitchens
• A huge entertaining room with fireplace and a dining table that accommodates 8-12 people
• A massive deck overlooking approximately two acres and a private forest
• A gorgeous Arctic Spa hot tub nestled in the trees that accommodates four adults
• BBQ and fire pit • Huge HD TV's with Netflix and Apple TV
• Wi-Fi to stay connected but we recommend you turn it off to disconnect from the world
• New and eclectic furniture including two four seat couches and lounge chairs near the fire place • Surround sound stereo and record player • An assortment of board games and a Wii
• A three car garage with indoor seating area for entertaining late into the night
We welcome families wanting a nice getaway / staycation, couples seeking a weekend away, and groups of longtime friends over the ages of 30 looking for a place to gather and reconnect.
Things you should know before booking:
• We do not host events or parties. There are other properties more suited for those purposes. • We are strict with our house rules and expect our home to be treated like your own. • Our home is old and charming which means there are a few nuances to the layout. Please take the time to consider if an open concept schoolhouse is the experience you're looking for on your stay.
• Our home is suited for people who appreciate charm, character and history and want to be in a small village that is central to everything the Blue Mountains / Collingwood area has to offer. If you're looking for a home with a traditional layout and feel then this is not the right home for you.+ More