Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells! *Book for one week this fall and we will include use of two kayaks FREE for the week! (Maximum free rental period on kayaks is one week.) This offer good September 5-December 15.
The Seahorse Hideaway is a lovingly cared for home that has been in the same family since it was built in the 70s. It features 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other with two twins. One of the nicest features is a comfortable screened porch that extends the full width of the home, allowing you to dine on the porch, watch the neighbors go by on their golf carts and enjoy the nightly sunset procession to the beach!
The home is a one-minute walk from the dock (Dock 26) and about a two-minute walk from the beach, so you are close to your boat (if you choose to bring one) and the beautiful pristine beaches of Little Gasparilla.
The kitchen is well-stocked with all appliances and pots and pans and everything you need for your stay, be it a long weekend or a full month. The home also has a flatscreen TV, and is stocked with beach chairs, beach towels, an umbrella, a washer and dryer and a brand new charcoal grill.
Downstairs there is a convenient outdoor shower and a comfortable hammock for relaxing in the cooling beach breezes.
The master bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom has twin beds.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a charcoal grill so plan on bringing charcoal with you.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and most homes charge a pet fee. • This home has no wi-fi. If you have requested use of a mobile hotspot, keep in mind this is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. There is no unlimited data and wi-fi is NOT for entertainment. No Netflix, no skyping, no streaming music, no downloading videos, etc. Many people find the mobile hotspots on their smartphones are better alternatives.+ More