My place is close to restaurants and dining, family-friendly activities, public transport, Big Bear Lake, Ski resort. You’ll love my place because of the location, the ambiance, the outdoors space, the neighborhood, and Cozy . My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), and big groups.
2 bed (large 2nd bedroom), 1.5 bath, 1123 sq ft w/fireplace. Wrap around deck w/outside living and fireplace, set high among the hill for a great view and seclusion. RELAX!
We love sharing this space with those we care about. We know it’s not fancy, but it’s comfortable and away from the busyness! It’s our ‘home away from home’, so we ask that you adopt the same attitude during your stay… there’s nobody but we cabin-users to care for the place, so treat it like you would your own abode (or better, depending on your maintenance standards). Please review the following processes and guidelines as you arrive, during your stay and as you depart.
A. Upon arrival -
(If arriving at night, you might want to take a flash light. As you enter the Cabin, reach down to the right (since all lights will be off), you will want to plug in the extension chord into the outlet for some light source.)
- (ONLY IF IT’S OFF. . . no flame/pilot) Turn GAS to HEATER ON (if the gas is off)…INSTRUCTIONS:
- Remove the lower portion of heater
- Turn knob to OFF (for approx 1min)
- Turn knob to PILOT
- Press and Hold the knob down as you light the pilot with a lighter
- Keep the knob held down for about 60 seconds to allow it to stay on
- Once it is lit, turn the knob to ON and close the door
PLEASE HELP US KEEP OUR CARPETS NEW AND REMOVE YOUR SHOES WHILE INSIDE THE CABIN
*AFTER PLAYING IN THE SNOW, SHOES AND WET CLOTHING COULD BE REMOVED JUST INSIDE THE REAR DOOR IN THE MUDROOM
During your stay -
- BEDROOMS: Bed sheets, blankets and pillows will be provided (Washed, Cleaned and ready to use). Plug in lamps if you will be using them. If you would like to bring your own sheets, please remove current bed sheets, fold neatly and place them in the closet (no need to make beds on departure). Bring sheets for (3) queen beds, (1) full bed, (1) twin bed
BATHROOM: All bathrooms have toilet paper, hand soap and hand towels. You will need to provide your own bath towels and hygiene products.
KITCHEN: You will need to provide your own food and beverages. Dishware, pots, pans, silverware, cups, coffeemaker, rice cooker are provided. Trash can liners are located in a kitchen drawer. Reline the trash cans once emptied. You may use a Large Black plastic bag (and leave in the mudroom until your departure) to place full trash bags in during your stay. Dish towels are provided and are located in one of the drawers. Place dirty dishcloths in a separate plastic bag and leave it in the mudroom…DO NOT TAKE THEM. Feel free to use the dishwasher. Dishwasher detergent is located underneath the sink. PLEASE, DO NOT put food/scraps in the sink/garbage disposal. Put food/scraps in a bag and throw it in the trash. Nothing solid should be going down the sink/garbage disposal. If cooking bacon or something with grease, DO NOT pour it down the sink/garbage disposal; collect it, bag it, and throw it in the trash.
- FIREPLACE: Fireplace flue must be opened before starting a fire (Using the lever w/wooden handle, located on the lower right side of the fireplace and move it up). Electric blower must be OFF (black knob on lower center of the fireplace must be twisted to the left). The fireplace might smoke a bit, but will clear once a full fire is lit. Once a full fire is lit, the electric blower may be turned on. Once in the ON position, the electric blower will blow out hot air when it reaches a certain temperature and helps heat the cabin. Please keep children away from the fireplace! It is cast iron and heats up tremendously and can cause severe burns if touched! Please keep gate in front of fireplace for added protection. And Please do not put too much wood in any fire to avoid the fire from getting out of control. Bring your own firewood and lighter fluid. CLEAN the fireplace before you leave but make sure there are no hot coals. When cleaning, place the ashes in the (black or silver) ASH CAN only. CLOSE THE FIREPLACE DOOR*** during a fire. Wood will pop and could burn the carpet, or even worse…burn someone near the fire or burn the cabin down.
Please DO NOT vacuum Ashes
5.SHOVELS: One Snow Shovel is located in the carport and one in the mudroom. If shovels are used, return them where you got them, DO NOT leave them outside when you leave
DO NOT leave open food products in cupboards, place in refrigerator if necessary (including open sugar pack).
- Please keep doors closed. . . wouldn't want any raccoons, coyotes, wild cats, birds, or bears entering and taking over your stay.
8.Have a safe trip home… and return keys promptly to where &/or who provided them… Ricky Vega [562-965-6151].
HOME OWNERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: ANY INJURIES/DEATH, YOU/OCCUPANTS SUSTAIN DURING YOUR/THEIR STAY IN BIG BEAR OR AT/ON/IN OUR PROPERTY (I.E. TRIPS/FALLS ON FLOORS, STAIRS, DECK, DIRT, ROCKS, GRAVEL; BURNS, CUTS, SCRAPES, ETC.), DAMAGES TO YOUR PROPERTY OR LOSS OF YOUR PROPERTY THAT OCCUR DURING YOUR/THEIR STAY. BY ACCEPTING THE KEYS AND CONTINUING WITH YOUR/THEIR STAY, YOU AND YOUR OCCUPANTS ARE RELEASING THE HOME OWNERS OF ANY LIABILITIES LISTED ABOVE. THE RESIDENCE IS NOT CHILD PROOF THEREFORE CHILDREN AND THEIR ACTIONS ARE RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS/GUARDIANS/CARETAKERS.
PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES+ More