Come stay in beatiful Forest Lakes, where the temperatures are about 30° cooler than the Valley! Dead-end street with private road leads you down to a very nice secluded area in the very mature and tall Ponderosa pines at the back of our gorgeous 1-acre heavily wooded parcel at the elevation of 7800'! Enjoy the sunrise and Zane Grey picturesque sunsets amidst the wildlife. We typically see rocky mountain elk, white-tail and cous deer at the back of the property at early dawn, an occasional bear or mountain lion sighting (they are more afraid of us, than us of them - contrary to popular belief), you can hear the coyote packs in the early morning and occasionally at dusk as well. Walk or ride your ATV or horses into the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest; just a stones throw to the most beautiful and expansive ponderosa pine forest in N. America! Bring your Camper, RV, or Toy Hauler! Pets and horses welcome (additional fee applies). Campfire ring and brick-lined meat smoking pit on property.
This property gives you the opportunity to get out of the heat and into the cool pines for the summer! Much more private than being in an RV park or campground, and more local services and amenities than being off-grid in the back country.
The Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest cuts a sickle-shape arc across east-central Arizona's highlands, all of it astride the high-elevation country of the Mogollon Plateau and the White Mountains. This is an Arizona that bears little resemblance to the arid, sun-blasted deserts of southern Arizona. It's characterized by cool temperatures, Douglas-fir and ponderosa-pine forests, green meadows grazed by elk and pronghorn antelope, white-tail and cous deer, wild turkeys in the early and late autumn, and small cold streams alive with cutthroat, brown, and rainbow trout.
Many surrounding nature trails to explore nearby. Relax for the summer and enjoy the surrounding beauty in God's Country. Up here, it's always Mountain Time!
1) No electric at campground location; tenant provides generator, battery, or solar power (suggested).
2) Coconino County has leash law; all dogs must be contained - leashed or penned. Strictly enforced.
3) Horses: Tenant supplies feed and temporary fencing.
4) 14' Boat rental available on a daily (8am - 6pm) basis for fishing in the many surrounding lakes at the rate of $60 per day! Features include : comfortable seating for three (2 cushioned swiveling captains chairs - fwd and aft, and 1 folding cushioned seat; middle), 2 oars, electric trolling motor with fwd and aft mounts, 10hp gas outboard Mercury, Garmin Fish Finder, 3 adult life jackets, anchor, electric bilge pump, and 4 rod holders. Cash deposit required. Drop off and pickup included.
5) Season rental only; April 1st through September 30th. Must be paid in full, in advance of season. Tenant cannot sublet, no exceptions.
6) Hunting, poaching, and the discharge of any firearm is strictly forbidden on property. Archery target available upon request.
7) Tenant supplies own firewood; available at two local country stores. Cutting or chopping standing timber (alive or dead) is not permitted on property.
8) Smoking not permitted on property.+ More